rockmoon26

Honorable
Oct 28, 2012
Hello All.

I just build my first gaming rig a couple of days ago and noticed a problem today.
I have a GTX 670 FTW GPU at 1006 MHZ Clock speed. But I noticed in my games it does not reach that speed. In GTA IV it reaches about 700, To make matters worse on another game it's 400 MHZ. Is it the driver? or a faulty card..
Temps do not seem to be an issus as it's about 25C at idle, At full load i'm not sure but when I run games it's around 50.
Thanks,
Rockmoon26

G

both the downclocking and crashing in physX testing sounds like a driver issue.

make sure you have the latest drivers from nvidia

uninstall the driver(s)/software in Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features

then for added benefit reboot into safe mode and run driver fusion.

then reboot to install the latest drivers.

also temporarily turn off windows update. it will download and install it's nvidia driver after you uninstall what you have now and before you install the latest. turn it back on after you're done.

now this just maybe a start or it can be a final solution - but its best to make sure.

rockmoon26

Honorable
Oct 28, 2012
Yes I have the lastest driver 306.97.

But when I first booted up my PC, My wireless adapter did not work on win7. So I installed the driver from the CD that came with the GPU. Then I plugged my PC in the basement and connected it wired, then downloaded the latest driver from the site. I have not deleted that yet. So do you want me to uninstall both drivers and then re install?

+1 try this if it does not work you have a faulty card. :(

rockmoon26

Honorable
Oct 28, 2012
So I.
Turn off windows upate
Uninstall the drivers.
Download driver fusion
Reboot system in safe mode and run driver fusion.
Reboot again.
Re-downloaded drivers
Turn on windows updates?

rockmoon26

Honorable
Oct 28, 2012
To my eailr post do I do this in this order :

Turn off windows upate
Uninstall the drivers.
Download driver fusion
Reboot system in safe mode and run driver fusion.
Reboot again.
Re-downloaded drivers
Turn on windows updates?