1x IPSC 1333 8GB
LCD Fan Controller
Stock AMD FX Fan
120mm Fan
Green Cathod Case Light
WIFI Card
Geforce 210 Video Card

Problem:

So the other day i built this computer and it ran fine, but when i went to install another hard drive, i booted the computer and nothing came up on the monitor. I had no idea what went wrong, so i disconnected it and restarted and had the same issue. I waited a few minutes and gave it a boot up and got video back on the monitor, so left the system as-is.

Then today, i purchased a new green light so i installed it and booted the computer. The PC turned on for a second and turned off on its own. I pushed power again and the PC seemed like it was running fine, but no signal on the monitor.

I feel there are three probable causes of this problem:
1. PSU - not enough juice to support the video card
2. Mobo - not properly able to support the video card
3. Video card - not working half the time

I feel the video card and mobo should be fine because they work prior to a new addition to the PSU load... which leaves me with PSU issue. Any ideas?
a b C Monitor
January 10, 2013 5:44:12 AM

Diablotek 500 watt PSU -> sureeee
dude, dont cheap out on PSU

all your expensive peripherals depend on it, get a quality one, minimum is corsair cx 500 v2
January 10, 2013 5:58:08 AM

Do you think that is the issue?

How do you feel about a thermaltake 600 watt or OCZ 600 stealthxtreme?

Also, i am running 3x 4GB kingston red 1600 sticks and 1x 8gb IPSC 1333 stick, i am told they cannot run dual channel because of the difference in speed, is this true? And how much of a difference does this make? would i be better with 4x 4gb kingston red over my current setup?

Thanks
Related resources
January 10, 2013 9:29:43 AM

Feeling that ur PSU is the culprit.
If u have doubt in sticks u can better remove either of and try a system start.
Do it and post lets go to the next step..
Also are u sure that sys doesnot even boot up or if shutdowns when graphic is utilzed(i.e. more load)??
January 10, 2013 11:17:57 AM

When the computer boots up without additional devices, i have no issues at all outside of the computer behaving a bit slower than expected (explorer.exe constantly stops responding). But like i have said, when i attach new hardware, such as a hard drive, cathod light or whatever the computer starts up but does not have any video output (monitor says no signal). There are no audible beeps from the motherboard and i am certain the 5-pin mobo speaker is connected.
January 10, 2013 11:21:27 AM

Also, without additional hardware being installed the computer boots fine and shows all the ram sticks working. So i do not think it is the ram... i feel the PSU does not have the juice required for the load despite being 500W (newegg's PSU calculator states i require 400W so im not sure what the issue is). Any suggestions?
a b C Monitor
January 10, 2013 12:30:50 PM

^ your diablotek 500w is a lie.... almost 70% psu in the market is a lie

only some trusted brand give the real wattage written
corsair, antec, xfx, seasonic.

make sure you get psu from one of above list
a b C Monitor
January 10, 2013 12:32:00 PM

corsair cx 500 v2 is a minimum
there is 600, 650, 750 version from this brand
January 11, 2013 2:20:16 AM

Plug ur CPU directly into socket without a UPS and check it..
Check if u can remove ur PSU and fit some other higher end (750 W Corsair) by borrowing it from someone.
Thios could solve ur problem.
January 11, 2013 10:43:03 AM

Plugged in 600W OCZ power supply and same thing happened... maybe the video card?
January 11, 2013 11:20:17 AM

switched pci e slots and still no video
January 13, 2013 12:52:10 AM

Any help?
!