Hey guys, I recently just built a computer and had to buy a monitor, mouse, and a keyboard (irrelevant) but the first graphics card I got ended up malfunctioning so nvidia decided to replace it for free and I got the same one and it is working fine. The only problem is that I feel like the graphics aren't as good as they should be... When I watch videos, any type of videos, youtube, movies, anything, the graphics are bad and the shading and texture looks pixely... I know its not the quality of the video because I can watch them in 1080p hd, and on my 5 year old laptop the graphics are better... So please, if you guys have any suggestions that I can do to fix the bad graphics then please let me know! this is frustrating cause I spent around 900$ on this computer and it isn't up to par... My specs are bellow. Thank you!
Hard drive - Seagate Momentus XT ST500LX003 500GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache 2.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Solid State Hybrid Drive -Bare Drive - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6822178240
Opti - LG Black 10X BD-ROM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM SATA Internal 12X Internal Blu-ray Drive 3D Playback & M-DISC Support Model UH12LS29 LightScribe Support - OEM - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6827136246
RAM - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6820231314
1) Download and install the latest driver from nvidia
2) Set the video setting to quality instead of performance in the nvidia control panel
3) Make sure u use DVI or HDMI cables to connect to ur monitor
4) Check and update your flash player
5) Right click on the flash based video and go to setting. make sure hardware acceleration is enabled.
6) If you use normal video player, make sure to set the settings to the best preset (i.e best quality)
I tried all of these things, my monitor is running on its native, my Graphics card is up to date, I think it might be the monitor like Lostgame_03 said. I'll have to swap it out with a different monitor to see if thats the case.