Sign in with
Your question

HD 6870 to 2 HDTV's issue

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 26, 2012 7:57:43 AM

I'm having a little difficulty setting my PC up to run 2 displays. I'm pretty sure my current wires won't allow it, but I may have to fix something in Catalyst Control Center.

I have a XFX Radeon HD 6870 card: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

I am using 2 - 32" HDTV's as my monitors. They're the same television just made 2 years apart. Due to that, the older one has a VGA port and HDMI ports. The newer one only has HDMI ports.

Currently I'm running a DVI->VGA adapter then a VGA cable to the one TV. I tried connecting a HDMI cable from the GPU to the second TV but when I do the TV connected with the VGA cable goes black and won't come back and the HDMI one doesn't detect the signal.

I'm fine with paying for an adapter to make this setup work, I just don't know what adapter(s) are needed (Don't want to blow money on adapters that won't solve this). Would running 2 DVI->HDMI adapters and then running HDMI cables to both HDTV's work? Or maybe 1 DVI->HDMI adapter for one and then a straight up HDMI to the other?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :) 

More about : 6870 hdtv issue

November 26, 2012 10:28:11 AM

I was also facing similar issue few days back.I wanted to connect moniter as primary display(with dvi-vga adapter) and HDTV as secondary ( HDMI cable ).

However the moniter with VGA output displayed fine but the HDTV connected with HDMI cable did not displayed anything.Just a blank screen.

I was using catalyst 12.7 driver at that time.I tried every thing and finally gave up.
But later few days back catalyst 12.10 was released.I updated the driver and just for a trial i connected the HDTV again with the same HDMI cable.To my surprise i saw the crystal clear dextop screen on my HDTV.

For me it was just a driver update required.
I dont know what version of CCC you are using.If it is older than catalyst 12.10 then i would suggest you to upgrade it to the most recent.
May be it can fix your problem and really there is no need to buy any adapter.

m
l
!