Sign in with
Your question

First time build Powers on NO Display

Last response: in Systems
January 10, 2013 12:27:52 PM

I just put together my PC last night, and when it came time to power on, it seemed like everything was working just fine, CPU fan was on, front case fan turned on, and I added my laptop harddrive and I think that was even spinning, but when I hooked up to my TV via HDMI there was no display. So I tried a traditional monitor hookup and that didn't work either. The 4 pin on the mobo is connected, I triple checked the connections from the manual, but I guess I could still have made a mistake somewhere. Any ideas?

Specs:
ECS A55F2-M3 Amd A55 Socket FM Motherboard
Amd A6 5400K 3600Mhz Blk Edt 1mb 65w Socket FM2
(2) Centon 4GB DDR3 1333MHz
Thermaltake V2 Plus Mid Tower Case with 450W PSU

January 10, 2013 1:39:27 PM

..Hi.. (forum rule, be polite) :pt1cable: 

Is everything new ?

Do you use onboard gpu ?

Did you try to hook up basic vga ?

Do you hear any beeps when computer power on (you should hear 1 beep if everything is fine and you have a pc speaker.)

Take out the memory and try to power on, if it does but your hear beeps, it means ram is the problem but it should be compatible.
January 10, 2013 2:16:58 PM

Is everything new ? Yes I bought everything except my Harddrive, which I just removed from my laptop.

Do you use onboard gpu ? I believe so, here's the specs from the Processor:
Processor Specifications
Manufacturer AMD
CPU Type Desktop
Processor Interface Socket FM2
Processor Class A6-Series
Processor Speed 3.6GHz
Cores Dual
L2 Cache 1MB
Fan Included
Wattage 65W
Additional Technologies AMD Turbo Core Technology
Unlocked Multiplier Yes
Instruction Set SSE
SSE2
SSE3
SSE4a
SSE4.1
SSE4.2
SSSE3
Integrated Graphics Core Yes
Graphics Core Speed 760 MHz
Integrated Memory Controller Yes

Did you try to hook up basic vga ? Yes

Do you hear any beeps when computer power on (you should hear 1 beep if everything is fine and you have a pc speaker.) No beeps, I plugged in the PC speaker, then reversed it just to check I didn't plug it in backwards. I do hear noises when I hit the power button, but no significant beeping

Take out the memory and try to power on, if it does but your hear beeps, it means ram is the problem but it should be compatible. I will try this today after work and report back.

Related resources
January 10, 2013 10:18:07 PM

Update! I removed both memory sticks and it powered on, and gave me three distinct short beeps.... any other ideas?
January 10, 2013 11:41:34 PM

#1 Tested each memory stick individually, no beeps upon powering on. Cleaned the sticks still nothing.
#2 Pulled CMOS battery, and did the jumper thing, still nothing.
#3 pulled Mobo out of case and placed on cardboard, inspected Mobo could not see anything wrong.
#4 Checked for bent pins, nothing.

January 11, 2013 12:14:32 PM

I just solved my own problem!! But I thought I would post to let any future Googlers know what saved my build. I notice a red switch on the back of my power supply unit and it was on 230V, so I switched it to 115V, and bingo, computer booted right up!

!