Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Card Advice HD 7850, Gigabyte or MSI?

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • MSI
  • Gigabyte
  • HD
  • Graphics
  • Product
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
November 26, 2012 1:09:35 PM

http://www.amazon.co.uk/MSI-7850-Frozr-Graphics-PCI-E/d...

or

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gigabyte-7850-Graphics-GDDR5-PC...

Been looking at these two cards, I see on the Gigabyte there is an extra 75mhz on the core clock. Yet my mobo is MSI so would be nice to have a matching brand on the card, also with the one click OC with MSI I could always try bumping it up at some point if I need it. I bought a VTX HD 7850 recently which seemed to be running nice with BF3 set to ultra, but I had to send it back for refund as it broke so wanted to try a better known brand. Thought I'd go with another 7850 but any suggestions much appreciated, if there are any other alternatives in the same price range you might recommend let me know.

More about : card advice 7850 gigabyte msi

a b U Graphics card
November 26, 2012 1:17:07 PM

should you pick apples or apples? they are the same, core speed is nothing as you can overclock the cards by yourself. i would concentrate on which one has a better looking cooler (for future overclock) and maybe which card comes with a better game bundle or better warranty
a b U Graphics card
November 26, 2012 1:26:53 PM

MSI has their own software, which is really famous and good - MSI Afterburner.

Go with MSI.
Related resources
November 26, 2012 1:33:45 PM

Thanks that's kind of what I was thinking but I'm not great when it comes to pc hw so lack confidence. Both have a 3 yr warranty, both are twin fans tho the Gigabyte does look like it's got a beasting cooler and the fans are bigger.

I hear XFX are a good brand as well, just seen this - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/XFX-AMD-Radeon-HD-7850-Graphi...

Price is good. Though the cooling seems less impressive would it be worth saving the cash and just overclocking when / if I need it?

Has been a bit of a mess this gpu upgrade, first VTX was out of stock and a dodgy company, still waiting for my refund two months later.. Then the VTX I ordered from another company broke after a week. Am in a bit of a rush and want to get something ordered but want to make sure I get it right and have a peaceful future with my pc :) 
November 26, 2012 1:41:13 PM

lostgamer_03 said:
MSI has their own software, which is really famous and good - MSI Afterburner.

Go with MSI.


I think I will tbh. Twin fans and all looks nicely boxed in unlike the GB which looks kinda exposed. Also I'm very happy with my MSI mobo and have tried the OC feature, bumps the specs up pretty high on my cpu and ram. As long as I make sure my cooling is up to scratch when I need it I can just use the auto OC on mobo and gpu and would have a pretty mean set up.
a b U Graphics card
November 26, 2012 2:13:47 PM

Owlz said:
Thanks that's kind of what I was thinking but I'm not great when it comes to pc hw so lack confidence. Both have a 3 yr warranty, both are twin fans tho the Gigabyte does look like it's got a beasting cooler and the fans are bigger.

I hear XFX are a good brand as well, just seen this - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/XFX-AMD-Radeon-HD-7850-Graphi...

Price is good. Though the cooling seems less impressive would it be worth saving the cash and just overclocking when / if I need it?

Has been a bit of a mess this gpu upgrade, first VTX was out of stock and a dodgy company, still waiting for my refund two months later.. Then the VTX I ordered from another company broke after a week. Am in a bit of a rush and want to get something ordered but want to make sure I get it right and have a peaceful future with my pc :) 


XFX is good aswell, no doubt.

I'm sorry to hear your adminstration problem with the store.

I still would advice you MSI, I do not own a MSI GPU right now. I did not long ago, and the cooler is insane. I had a GTX 560 ti which were overclocked from 822 mHz to 1020 mHz on the core clock. That is a 25% increase, just insane! And temperature was below 65*C when gaming. Even in BF3!

MSI's cooling and their software is top notch. You can't go wrong. :) 
November 26, 2012 2:36:15 PM

lostgamer_03 said:
XFX is good aswell, no doubt.

I'm sorry to hear your adminstration problem with the store.

I still would advice you MSI, I do not own a MSI GPU right now. I did not long ago, and the cooler is insane. I had a GTX 560 ti which were overclocked from 822 mHz to 1020 mHz on the core clock. That is a 25% increase, just insane! And temperature was below 65*C when gaming. Even in BF3!

MSI's cooling and their software is top notch. You can't go wrong. :) 


Thanks for the advice, I'll go with that. Ordered the MSI, be here in a couple of days :) 
!