Sign in with
Your question

power suply voltages

Last response: in Components
Anonymous
January 8, 2002 10:37:50 AM

just biult a athlon 1800+ with a sl75drv mainboard and in smartguardian im getting 6 volts on SB5v . could you tell me if this is a problem, should look into changing power suply or weather there is an article showing how much these voltages can change.
hope some one can help.

More about : power suply voltages

January 8, 2002 3:59:02 PM

It's normal that a Voltage differs 0.3 V but 1 V is very dangerous, can frie some components. First try a other monitor app like MBM to see if it gives the same results. If it does it's better to change the powersupply.

My case has so many fans that it hovers above the ground :eek:  .
January 8, 2002 7:40:02 PM

You never want over 10% voltage swings. Svol is correct and you could damage components.

<font color=blue>Remember.... You get what you pay for. :smile: All advice here is free.</font color=blue> :wink:
Related resources
Anonymous
January 9, 2002 10:46:22 AM

i have changed the psu and im still getting 6v on the sb5v rail could this mean that im getting false reading from the motherboard
January 9, 2002 3:09:47 PM

Quite possibly. I always check voltage with a multimeter if the software reading seems unlikely.

6v is way out.
Anonymous
January 10, 2002 2:23:41 PM

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/chris.neal1/MBMILog.txt

this link is the log txt for MBM .
it all looks ok but it does not mention sb5v .
could you tell me what sb5v is for ?
i did wonder if it was to do with the on board sound which i have got turned off eg no current drain as it is disabled.
or is it something to do with the side bus or something.
cheers for your help.
chris
January 10, 2002 4:58:55 PM

If I'm right it's for the stand-by mode.

My case has so many fans that it hovers above the ground :eek:  .
January 10, 2002 7:16:51 PM

the sb5volt is for stand by, and things like supplying power to the nic for wake on lan.

i went to the tomshardware forums and all i got was this lousy signature.
!