HP ENVY Phoenix h9-1300t Desktop PC ($1,220 after taxes/shipping)
• Windows 8 64
• 3rd Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 quad-core processor [3.4GHz, 8MB Shared Cache]
• 8GB DDR3-1333MHz SDRAM [2 DIMMs]
• 2TB 7200 rpm SATA hard drive
• No secondary hard drive
• 2GB Nvidia GTX680 [Dual Bracket; DVI, HDMI, DP & VGA via adapter]
• Liquid Cooling Solution
• SuperMulti DVD Burner
• Premium Wireless-N LAN card and Bluetooth(R)(1x1)
• 15-in-1 memory card reader, 4 x USB 2.0 (front), 2 x USB 3.0 (top)
I don't think I lost too much by not building it myself, considering that the graphics card alone costs around 450.
I was thinking of going with the i5 processor to save a few bucks, but I use alot of daw applications which may benefit from hyperthreading. I just hope windows 8 doesnt piss me off too much with the drivers, with products such as my external sound card (t.c desktop konnekt 6) and my drum machine (NI Maschine).
I also hope that the fans on this system wont run too loud.. What you guys think? good purchase?