Did I get a good deal for a prebuilt pc?

HP ENVY Phoenix h9-1300t Desktop PC ($1,220 after taxes/shipping)

• Windows 8 64
• 3rd Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 quad-core processor [3.4GHz, 8MB Shared Cache]
• 8GB DDR3-1333MHz SDRAM [2 DIMMs]
• 2TB 7200 rpm SATA hard drive
• No secondary hard drive
• 2GB Nvidia GTX680 [Dual Bracket; DVI, HDMI, DP & VGA via adapter]
• Liquid Cooling Solution
• SuperMulti DVD Burner
• Premium Wireless-N LAN card and Bluetooth(R)(1x1)
• 15-in-1 memory card reader, 4 x USB 2.0 (front), 2 x USB 3.0 (top)

I don't think I lost too much by not building it myself, considering that the graphics card alone costs around 450.

I was thinking of going with the i5 processor to save a few bucks, but I use alot of daw applications which may benefit from hyperthreading. I just hope windows 8 doesnt piss me off too much with the drivers, with products such as my external sound card (t.c desktop konnekt 6) and my drum machine (NI Maschine).

I also hope that the fans on this system wont run too loud.. What you guys think? good purchase?
4 answers Last reply
More about good deal prebuilt
  1. You missed out on an SSD, which a build like this should have and you got slower than ideal RAM but all in all for a prebuilt it was a good deal.
  2. What would be ideal ram?

I can always put an SSD and additional ram down the road i was thinking...right now i just cannot handle the cost..
  3. standard RAM is ddr3 1600.
  4. Yeah, but you can upgrade the ram when you need to later. And the SSD both are piratically plug N play. Id say a great deal!
Ask a new question

Read More

Prebuilt Systems