Repeated problems with computer and 3d games (Not sure what part of my computer

Lemoncrap

Honorable
Nov 26, 2012
Hello everyone, as this is my first question i may miss things out so i'm sorry in advance and just tell me if you need any more information about my computer/specs.

Computer Specs:
Processor - AMD A6=3670 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 2.70 GHz
Ram - 4GB
System type - Windows 7 64-bit service pack 1
Hard drive - 465GB
Graphics card - Nvidia Gforce 550ti
PSU - CiT 750W Gold Edition PSU

Okay so i bought a computer and then a separate graphics card (one listed above) and i've been having problems with it since. At first my main problem was with computer intensive games/3D games such a battlefield 3 worked great for around 10 minutes on any setting then slowly started bugging out such as flickering, graphical glitches and then it eventually crashed. I tried finding a solution by trying everything such a memory tests, updating drivers, windows updates and scans but then my computer began to make loud noises on startup after being turned off overnight. I was suggested to buy a new psu to fix this and it seems to have worked however when my computer starts up now it says that it is updating my bios and i often get BSOD's on startup and randomly every now and then. On top of that the games i play recently such as Assassins creed 3, planetside 2 and Hitman Absolution work fine with the exception of misisng heads on characters every now and then but after 20 minutes they begin to flash/flicker then crash to desktop. I've updated my bios and again tried every test imaginable but with no success, i'm not sure if i need to replace something in my computer or whether it's something more simple, any help will be appreciated and thankyou for your time.

Today i read on a post that the graphical glitches and crashing i am experiencing could be a ram/memory fault so i ram memtest86 but it came out with no faults, i'm really not sure what to do :/

Ohh, forgot to say that the audio also cuts out/goes silent on 3D games, assassins creed 3 for example, i fix this by tabbing out and back into the game, this happens more frequently towards the crash of the game.

Lemoncrap

Honorable
Nov 26, 2012

What do you think would be overheating? I've checked my gpu temp after a crash and it seems at a normal temperature.

Lemoncrap

Honorable
Nov 26, 2012

Okay, will do. Just tried playing assassins creed 3 again, this time no problems until the crash.

Lemoncrap

Honorable
Nov 26, 2012

Okay, thanks for the reply. I will try monitor my cpu temp now then and how can i uninstall drivers for the onboard? I've tried before but couldn't figure it out, it's not listed under device manager

Lemoncrap

Honorable
Nov 26, 2012

Okay so i checked the temperature of the cpu and gpu before/during and after playing a game and this is the image for before http://imgur.com/6BIqU
I'm a little concerned about the temperature 2, however when i played assassins creed 3 the only thing that changed was the GPU temp increased and strangely it said that the CPU usage was 1% before the crash :S

finitekomos

Honorable
Nov 24, 2012
Hmmm, Temperature 2 is indicative of a problem, if that's your CPU your computer may be throttling it to bring the temp down. The question is what is temp 2?

I have noted that you have not provided your computer's motherboard manufacturer and model, can you do that too it may help me or others identify the issue.

Lemoncrap

Honorable
Nov 26, 2012

My motherboard is a Gigabyte A55M-S2V
http://uk.gigabyte.com/products/pr [...] id=3945#sp
theres the link to more information

I think you should return it if you can still get all your money back. If your going to be buying a system to use with a discrete VGA card I don't recommend getting a APU system. If you are going to go ahead and do it anyway get a AMD VGA card to go with it. That being said the errors you describing sound like a heat issue you can use a program like EVGAs Precsion to increase the fan speed on the VGA card from 40% up to 80%. I don't know the name of a good AMD version maybe the MSI afterburner may work. That will help increase airflow, and may help. Be sure the system is sitting where it can get a good flow of air and its not being hindered by obstructions. Was this a custom build you did or did you buy it off the shelf and just add the VGA card? Have you tried to take the VGA card out and see what happens? Can you add a fan in the front and back and get a better flow of air front to back?

Lemoncrap

Honorable
Nov 26, 2012

I bought it Pre made and added the new Graphics card and psu, a friend of mine bought the same computer and graphics card and his works fine so i'm trying to limit the options. If it is a overheating problem then i will get a new fan.

Lemoncrap

Honorable
Nov 26, 2012
Still no fix guys, can anyone try help me limit the options on what could be broken? I've stress tested my graphics card and no errors/crashes and then i used Prime95 and got 2 errors

Lemoncrap

Honorable
Nov 26, 2012

I've done memtest, i think i did 1 or 2 tests so i will run it again and do 3. Btw i ran prime95 and got these results, It could be a fatal error with my memory or cpu.

[Thu Nov 29 19:21:23 2012]
FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 32.01953125, expected less than 0.4
Hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file.
FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4
[Thu Nov 29 19:32:42 2012]
FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 32.0078125, expected less than 0.4
[Thu Nov 29 21:13:42 2012]
FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.484375, expected less than 0.4

Lemoncrap

Honorable
Nov 26, 2012

I've been having problems since i got it, guess i should have returned earlier, well thanks for helping. I think i will try get a replacement via the warranty :)

TRENDING THREADS