How I send a irp to a port driver directly?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.development.device.drivers,microsoft.public.win32.programmer.kernel,microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

I want send a irp to read a sector from cdrom. I want to bypass the layered
driver architecture of windowsXP and directly send irp to port driver.

Who can help me?
1 answer Last reply
More about send port driver directly
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.development.device.drivers,microsoft.public.win32.programmer.kernel,microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

    > I want send a irp to read a sector from cdrom. I want to bypass the
    layered
    > driver architecture of windowsXP and directly send irp to port
    driver.

    It would be good to know what problem you are trying to solve. Perhaps
    there is a better solution that does not involve making a poorly
    behaved driver. Because if you bypass the stack, you WILL create field
    problems. When possible, please specify what you are trying to solve
    instead of asking how to do bad things. I think you will like the
    alternate solutions you will discover.

Drivers Development Microsoft Devices Device Driver Windows XP