Only one Channel of my PCIe Graphics card displays at boot-up

Jonnie Goodboy

Honorable
Nov 26, 2012
Hello,
I'm just about to fit some new memory to my workstation and thought I'd try both VIDEO channels of the MSI GeForce card (Hybrid Freezer) you sold me. I'm only operating in DOS and BIOS display boot screens; - configuring stuff.

I don't have windows or any OS installed yet.

Although both DVI channels work fine independently, and in a totally swappable manor, I cannot get both of my LCD monitors to display at the same time. I can use either one, with any combination of Monitors, VGA cables and DVI/VGA adapter dongles, and one or the other output channel of the card gives a display but not the other. That's both are working independently, but not together!

It's early days with this problem and I don't suspect the card, it's just that I wondered if anyone ever had this problem?

I am thinking PSU after reading posts here.
My PSU is only 410W, and the 'PC' is an HP XW4200 P4 with 1Gb PC2-5300U non ECC.

I have a new 550 PSU replacement ready if needs be.

It's also quite possible that The PCI-e 2.0 card isn't happy with my PCI-e 1.0 workstation motherboard or that I don't have Dual ECC Registered memory in where I need ...?!

Any first Guesses Greatly Welcomed.

Hope to hear.

Graeme

Jonnie Goodboy

Honorable
Nov 26, 2012
Dear Readers, NB.

When I say 'you sold me' That is ofcourse something I left in by mistake during my communication with the seller of the card ...
My Error.

dalaran

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2011
My guess would be the card doesn't support dual-screen at boot, it will require the proper drivers to be installed to work. So install windows (or your OS of choice), install the drivers and see if it works.

Jonnie Goodboy

Honorable
Nov 26, 2012

SUSE Linux 9.1 Professional (the works) and my old fav Win2KPro for whatever ....

Yes, I had thought of that. Never heard of it before ...
.... the kind of thing people don't notice or comment on?!

I've been using Dual Monitors since forever.

Thanks.