No video on new build?

omgzhobbs

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2011
Hey,

So I have just built a new computer, using the graphics card, processor and hard drives from my old pc.

So my new build has a new PSU, MOB and Ram.

Here is the specs:
Antec Sonata IV Case - with 620W PSU (Neo Eco 620c)
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Socket AM3 3.2 GHz 6MB L3 Cache
Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 Socket AM3+ 7.1 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard
Zotac GTX 560Ti 1GB DDR5 Dual DVI HDMI DP out PCI-E Graphics Card
Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B 8GB 1600MHz CL9 DDR3 Vengence Memory Module
Hitachi Deskstar 1TB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 32MB Cache
and a Maxtor 300GB HD (unknown spec/ what is used for windows c drive)

Basically, im at a loss, everything turns on, all the fans are running, including the GPU, everything seems to be fine and working, however nothing shows on the monitor.. what could be causing this?? I need to get this fixed as soon as possible really, as it has all my, soon to be due, uni work on! panic.. haha!

All help is much appreciated. Also I do not hear any beep when it powers up, even though the case power button works and everything else is getting power..

Before I built this with the new PSU and Case, I had it all in my old case, but the psu blew and smelt of burning, after that it didnt turn on, hence the new psu and case, but even though its now powering on, nothing is showing..

omgzhobbs

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2011

How would I know which are damaged?
All fans are working.. the processor looks like there is one pin slightly bent nearish to the center of it.. could it be this? every single other pin is fine and the processor fits in perfectly still.. but im worried about this? I am not sure how long that was like that..

Everything else, i cannot see anything wrong with it, all seems to be working and sounds as it is as well..

chugot9218

Honorable
Bent pins can cause no issues, massive issues, or unexpected issues, it is really hard to tell. Your case has a built in speaker or did you attach an individual one to the board?

omgzhobbs

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2011

Hmm worrying about the processor, I will be able to try and different graphics card tomorrow, to see if its that, but seeing as it powers up im doubting that.. so maybe its the processor.. otherwise could the motherboard be dead on arrival? or would nothing happen if this was the issue?

No sound using speakers with front or back audio ports.. cant see any built in audio either.

chugot9218

Honorable
The beep code does not output through the audio ports, there is a specific spot on the board to plug it in. If your case does not have one and your MOBO did not come with one you can buy a cheap one for a couple bucks. Do you have any error LED's illuminated?

omgzhobbs

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2011

No error lights seem to be showing, the power light on the case shines blue, but the tiny light next to it, does nothing, which i guess is the HD, but both of these sound like they are working, so its just the light not showing anything..

omgzhobbs

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2011
Biggest fail ever, took it all apart again, and took some time and a tiny bit of pressure pushing all the cpu and heatsink in.. now its working, maybe that one bent pin has rebent somehow or something else has bent and fixed it.. no idea.. haha. thanks loads for all your help!! just glad it was just a new psu i needed after all.. phew.