Gamer Capture Card

Since folks here convinced me and my grandson that he was better off with the two GTX 570 video cards he has vs. a new GTX 680, he has decided he wants a gamer capture card for Christmas.

I have looked at the AVerMedia C985 Live Gamer HD 1080p Capture Card and it looks great. But since I know nothing about these things, I would like to ask for any and all comments, critiques or suggestions regarding this or other gamer capture cards. Thanks.

jetjock
4 answers Last reply
More about gamer capture card
  1. I'm going to watch with great interest because I've never heard of a "gamer capture card". What gets captured?
  2. Most are HDMI video capture cards(without the ability to capture HDCP protected content) for capturing your video games. Some even let you capture to a flash drive or hard drive without a PC.

Like Fraps but in hardware. I think Fraps should have better quality, but requires a more powerful system.
  3. nukemaster said:
    Most are HDMI video capture cards(without the ability to capture HDCP protected content) for capturing your video games. Some even let you capture to a flash drive or hard drive without a PC.

Like Fraps but in hardware. I think Fraps should have better quality, but requires a more powerful system.

Everything I've heard (which isn't much) is that Fraps really slows down frame rate which the AverMedia card does not.
  4. Camtasia studio 7/8

Or if he plans on recordi Xbox/ps3 get a hauppage hd pvr 2
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx Graphics