Sign in with
Your question

I7-Premium Computer Build

Last response: in Systems
January 10, 2013 5:37:06 PM

Hi, Wanted to Thank any one in advance for your help! 1st I enjoy a Quite PC not necessarily dead quite. 2nd I am not a gamer & would not buy a noisy GPU. On-board graphics will be fine. 3rd Want flexibility so if something gets my interest the computer will not be limited (as much as possible) Like the idea of connecting via onboard WiFi. 4th On board audio should be fine, have done some pro-audio in the pass in which case I would invest in a Pro-Audio card. (that's where the Quite comes into play).
And 5th and why I am asking is; Compatibility, Stability, and durability (future proofing as much as possible).
My last build is going into it's 10th year, I paid more then 512Mbg's of ran than the 32Gigs I am looking at now.
I have a build list on NewEgg saved but I do not know how to post it here?

More about : premium computer build

January 10, 2013 5:44:04 PM

If you make the wishlist public you can just post a link.
m
l
January 10, 2013 9:08:20 PM

Thanks, I will try to do that!
m
l
Related resources
January 10, 2013 9:21:56 PM

This topic has been moved from the section CPU & Components to section Systems by Mousemonkey
m
l
January 11, 2013 1:51:23 AM

3TreePO said:
Hi, Wanted to Thank any one in advance for your help! 1st I enjoy a Quite PC not necessarily dead quite. 2nd I am not a gamer & would not buy a noisy GPU. On-board graphics will be fine. 3rd Want flexibility so if something gets my interest the computer will not be limited (as much as possible) Like the idea of connecting via onboard WiFi. 4th On board audio should be fine, have done some pro-audio in the pass in which case I would invest in a Pro-Audio card. (that's where the Quite comes into play).
And 5th and why I am asking is; Compatibility, Stability, and durability (future proofing as much as possible).
My last build is going into it's 10th year, I paid more then for 512Mbg's of ran than the 32Gigs I am looking at now.
I have a build list on NewEgg saved but I do not know how to post it here?

Here is the link to what I have so far for a build list;
http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx...
m
l
January 11, 2013 2:12:02 AM

3TreePO said:
Here is the link to what I have so far for a build list;
http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx...

Hi...

I would highly recommend the Fractal-Design Define series for a case. It is super quiet and sharp looking. The inside panels are lined with sound deadening material and overall weighs in at roughly 25lbs without the components.

As for the drives, I would opt for an SSD like the OCZ Vector or Vertex 4 series or maybe a Samsung Pro series in particular the 256GB units. This way you wont need to constantly monitor your space usage.

As for storage, I'd get an external unit like a WD My Book Essentials or Seagate via USB3.0.

For video usage I am currently using the on board gpu via a display-port connection to the panel. I may upgrade to a video card in the near future but the on board gpu is doing me fine via the i7 3770K.

My opinion may not count but it does provide some insight - hopefully.
m
l
January 11, 2013 2:18:49 AM

Because you're self-building I'd advise a *full tower** case; that extra interior space makes all connections and add-ons easier. Cooler too. Do you see a compelling issue for preferring a flash "cache" rather than a full-on 64/128G SSD ? All your chubby files would still get stuffed into the endless 1-T HDD. Finally, for small change an NV_650 will totally outperform the onboard INTEL graphics. Those are modest upgrades to support your gorilla 32-G RAM!
m
l
January 11, 2013 4:18:32 PM

Quickly; This is great thanks for your reply and suggestions!
I am not totally clear on Intel's SSD caching their info led me to the "Crucial Adrenaline SSD"(Thinking of Compatibility).
What I had found on the webb is only the OS would reside on the SSD. The "Fractal-Design" I liked, will look at it again. The look of the Zalman Z9U3 draws me as I have been looking at a plane Jane Antec Sonata for some time.
Will check out the " NV_650" It's hard to get info on the webb as to silent GPU's. I will be running two monitors. Also can't seam to find a good source for DVD/BD burner comparisons, I want LightScribe, Looks like LiteOn has the most models but My LiteOn sounds like a truck next to my Mushkin.
m
l
!