Overclock Bundle advice

Is this bundle worth it?
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=BU-115-OE&groupid=43&catid=2384&subcat=2288
Obviously not if oyu can do it yourself but i dont feel comfortable with ocing.
Also is this kind of set up 'future proof' is the motherboard and cpu powerful enough?
9 answers Last reply
More about overclock bundle advice
  1. bump
  2. What will you be doing with this system? also bumps are against forum rules.
  3. PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor (£239.99 @ Overclockers.co.uk)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler (£25.45 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LK ATX LGA1155 Motherboard (£93.98 @ Dabs)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£34.98 @ Amazon UK)
    Total: £394.40
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-01-11 17:47 GMT+0000)

Here you can see that the bundle is VERY overpriced. These are the same parts with a better CPU cooler.
  4. sorry about the bump but no one replied etc. and i know it is but im not confident in my ocing abilities
  5. What is the main purpose of this build?
  6. im attempting to get a good pc that will run all current games on max settings and be 'future proof' as cliche as it is
  7. Get an i5 3570k. There is no difference between an i5 and an i7 when gaming. None at all. It will be much less expensive and still overclock very well.
  8. What GPU are you planning to get to go with this? Don't forget when gaming the GPU is what matters. An i3 and a 7870 will blow away an overclocked i7 and a 7770. Its pretty much all about GPU.
  9. erm evga 4gb gtx 670
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Overclocking Do It Yourself Motherboards Systems