Advice on upgrading video card for Intel E6600 2.4GHz Dual core

lawlsmagawls

Honorable
Nov 26, 2012
I currently have a desktop with a Nvidia 7600GT (swapped for 8600 when 8600 died) with an Intel E6600 processor and 3GB of DDR3 ram. I was considering getting an Nvidia 560 Ti until I realized it will probably bottleneck. What video card (either ATi or Nvidia is fine) would someone recommend in a price range of $150 or less? I have 1 PciE x16 slot so it doesn't matter if it's PciE or PciE 2.0. I'd like to get something this holiday season (to tide me over until I get my new computer next year) so if you guys know any deals that are available in Canada that would be great. Thanks.

dheeraj9933

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2012

let me tell u something:
EVERY PROCESSOR AND GPU IN THIS WORL IS A BOTTLENECK to the other.

if u replace an i5 with an i7 and an i7 with an i7 extreme exdition overclocked.
u will get higher FPS with each replacement, it wont be huge, but it WILL be there.
Thats what u consider a bottleneck right??
so if an i5(considered as best gaming processors today) can be a bottleneck, your processor will be too.

If u want a simple understanding, think of it this way, your FPS in games like an average between you CPU and GPU
with in most games GPU being a LOT more important than CPU.

So...... yes your processor will be a bottleneck too, but to the point that it will stop u from enjoying gaming??
NO

and lets say u get a 650 ti and after 2-3 years u have to lower the setting a little bit. Is it really THAT bad??

and also.....dont u dare buy a 9800 !!!
go with 650 ti its the best 150 sub card at this time.