Downgrade to Windows 7

mrford93

Honorable
Feb 3, 2013
I am downgrading my Windows 8 back to windows 7 and there is a problem with the installation. I enter the DVD with the Windows 7 on it, enter the installation, by clicking install. The istallation starts, with setup copying the current files on the laptop, but it all comes down to the same error again...you need to restart the installation. And i have no clue on what to do...i installed windows 7 a couple of times, but never had any problems on doing so and it drives me mad, because i have no idea, what's the deal with this installation error.

You can call Microsoft support and make them find the reason it failed. If you have a working OS like win7 they will just remote in and look at the windows 8 setup log and figure out what failed. Often it is something known and easy to fix or work around.
(like disable virus scanner or some device like realtek multi card reader comes to mind)

if Microsoft support can not fix it, make them refund your money for the product.
It puts pressure on them to fix issues in the installer and will make the process better for other people in the future.

sorry, I misread the post and thought it was win7 to win8 upgrade
brett is correct, most likely if you have a newer machine it has secure boot enabled in its UEFI BIOS and you will have to turn it off before you can load a legacy OS like windows 7.
UEFI = Unified Extensible Firmware Interface