polaris

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.development.device.drivers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

Hi:

I use the devcon.exe to install/remove an NDIS driver. On Windows XP
machine, I can install the driver multiple times with no problem, but I
could not remove any of them; when execute "devcon remove mydriver", got
error message "no device removed". But it works fine on a Windows 2000
machine.

Any information is appriciated ! Thanks In Advance !

Polaris

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.development.device.drivers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

Does the NDIS driver have the NCF_NOT_USER_REMOVABLE bit (0x20) set in
its registry "Characteristics" entry? See also

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/network/hh/network/301int_7091a3b7-996c-497e-9203-e9aef417f833.xml.asp

Stephan
---