Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Display Xbox through PC?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 26, 2012 11:52:25 PM

Is it possible to hook up my Xbox 360 and PC through HDMI and output sound and video like that? I have a Radeon 7970, if that makes any difference.

More about : display xbox

a b U Graphics card
November 26, 2012 11:59:05 PM

You can use the HDMI to plug into your monitor, but as far as using it to display through your PC, I've never heard of that.
Score
November 27, 2012 12:12:43 AM

Monitor doesn't have HDMI :( 
Score
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
November 27, 2012 12:14:30 AM

vance09 said:
Monitor doesn't have HDMI :( 

Oh, well then. No you cant use your PC to play the xbox through, well at least I've never heard of anything like that and I've had the xbox since it came out. Why do you want to do that anyway ?
Score
November 27, 2012 12:49:27 AM

abCasPeRR said:
Oh, well then. No you cant use your PC to play the xbox through, well at least I've never heard of anything like that and I've had the xbox since it came out. Why do you want to do that anyway ?

I have to use a VGA cable for the xbox, and so I don't have a sound output. Is there a way I can have both the xbox and the PC attached to the same speakers?
Score
a b U Graphics card
November 27, 2012 1:05:14 AM

vance09 said:
I have to use a VGA cable for the xbox, and so I don't have a sound output. Is there a way I can have both the xbox and the PC attached to the same speakers?

Well the VGA cable has the red and white audio, you should buy some cheap turtle beach, or tritton headsets that are like 50-60 bucks and youll have sound. You can buy a red and white AC-3.5 mm audio adapter that you would be able to use the PC speakers with the headsets, radio shack, best buy, wal-mart, etc will have it. As far as running the sound simultaneously you wont be able to do that with a some kind of other adapter or splitter.
Score
November 27, 2012 2:08:50 AM

abCasPeRR said:
Well the VGA cable has the red and white audio, you should buy some cheap turtle beach, or tritton headsets that are like 50-60 bucks and youll have sound. You can buy a red and white AC-3.5 mm audio adapter that you would be able to use the PC speakers with the headsets, radio shack, best buy, wal-mart, etc will have it. As far as running the sound simultaneously you wont be able to do that with a some kind of other adapter or splitter.

Can you give me a link to one such adapter? Thank you.
Score
a b U Graphics card
November 27, 2012 4:40:32 AM

vance09 said:
Can you give me a link to one such adapter? Thank you.

Something like this is what you would use to plug into the red and white and the VGA on the back of the xbox cable, and then plug it into your speakers.
Score
November 27, 2012 11:28:13 PM

I imagine that you are wanting to keep this as cheap as possible. But what I do is I have my xbox hooked up to this http://www.amazon.com/Avertv-Definition-Analog-Capture-...
and I play xbox through the recording program. And I haven't noticed any increase of input lag from switching from my tv. Now this rather impractical for you unless you want to record xbox gameplay.
Score
November 28, 2012 12:04:45 AM

Yeah, I'm not interested in recording gameplay, haha
Score

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
November 28, 2012 1:26:20 AM

vance09 said:
Never mind, found what I was looking for. This is what I needed.
http://www.amazon.com/Cables-Go-40645-Stereo-Adapter/dp...

Thanks all!

Yeah thats what I linked, its just a cable instead of an adapter. Good luck!
November 28, 2012 10:43:19 AM

Best answer selected by vance09.
Score
!