Computer won't power up

jswire7

Honorable
Jan 11, 2013
Hello, I've been upgrading my computer over time, it's a large upgrade and has only just really come to being nearly finished. Every single part is new and I've just got my new graphics card. An Nvida gtx 660 ti, i had to get some extra 8 pin to 6 pin cables to power it since my power supply didn't have any 6 pin ones but now after i install it my computer just wont turn on, like it has power running through it because there are LED lights on the mother board but the i press the power button and nothing happens. Unplug the graphics card and it powers up again. I though i might need a bigger power supply even though i just bought a bigger one recently but they say the card needs 450-500 watts and my power supply is 600 watts. Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong?

jonjonjon

Honorable
Sep 7, 2012
what psu are you using? don't most video cards come with molex to 6 pin adapters in case your psu doesn't have any 6pin cables. are you sure there are only 8pin and no 6pin cables. that doesn't sound right.

jswire7

Honorable
Jan 11, 2013

Yes, it's a modular power supply, (http://www.amazon.co.uk/OCZ-OCZ600MXSP-UK-ModXStream-Power-Supply/dp/B001GLFD54/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1357891278&sr=8-4) This one, you plug in the cables you need but i didn't have any pci-e ones, i had no spare molex connectors, they're all being used up.