Power SW connector seems broken? Flathead works

Hi all! I just put together my new rig and when I went to boot up nothing happened.. I searched around and saw people mentioning to try shorting the pins where the power sw connector goes with a flat head.. that worked! Problem is.. I am ONLY able to turn on my pc using that method.. so does that mean my case and cables are faulty?
6 answers Last reply
More about power connector broken flathead works
  1. probably the switch on the front of the case

you can check it with an Ohm meter
  2. for testing purposes, i decided to put my Reset connector in the power sw pins... and what do u know.. my reset button now turns on my pc.

annoying.. not TOO bad... wondering if it will be worth my time to rma the case.. hmm
  3. also did you plug the switch correctly using motherboard manual neutral to neutral and positive to positive .
  4. scout_03 said:
    also did you plug the switch correctly using motherboard manual neutral to neutral and positive to positive .

polarity is NOT important

it just briefly shorts the two pins
  5. scout_03 said:
    also did you plug the switch correctly using motherboard manual neutral to neutral and positive to positive .

yeah im 100% sure. just to test, i even tried the opposite way. no dice.
  6. if you dont want to rma case you could use this for power switch http://www.directron.com/atxswitch.html
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Boot Power Systems