Closed Solved

Sli GTX560 DCII OC issue....

Hi guys, once again i need your help+guidance regarding one of my workstation pc's. I have a Asus GTX560 DCII OC and so far it's working fine, but i wanna Sli the card as i got budget for another card. The question is if i Sli the card will it show huge performance gap ? With Sli system can i prolong to any new games to come in the near future? What is the benefit for Sli my card beside performance if got any? What are the disadvantage for Sli the card that i should know ? Your opinion are always welcome and thanks in advance . Btw here are the rest of my spec for reference.

i5 3470
P8Z77v-pro
Sniper ddr3 1600mhz 4x4 =16gb
Cooler master 700watt silent pro
hdd 500gb seagate 7200 rpm x2 ( as Raid 0 ) SSD will come later as i already order it.
Monitor samsung LED 27'inch Syncmaster S27B350
Asus GTX560 DCII OC
Fan V8 Cooler master
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about gtx560 dcii issue
  1. Well with any SLI upgrade I would recommend a slight overclock as you could be bottlenecking your CPU. I dont think you can OC your CPU, since its not the K version. With SLI youll only see improvements in games that work well with it, such as Crysis, bf3, metro and etc. A lot of games actually will run worse with SLI as a lot of them werent made to work like that. If your not playing games like the ones listed above then you wont really see much improvement. Even if you dont play games then you wont either.
  2. Thanks for reply CaspeRR, From your statement above meaning that if i don't Sli there's no problem and minor improvement right? Regarding the game yes i'm not an addict gamers just play old games and latest one is Need for speed The run and SC2 only, The rest is old school games . My thought is when i doing Sli it will get improvement on quality picture. more smooth when watching blue ray film , smooth processing for the system aside from games.
    So the conclusion is better not Sli if not into gaming and spend it in other hardware right? If so what else i need to put into my system to make it more smoother and reliable and of course stability. For your info I already order SSD Corsair Neutron for my system, so what else do u recommemnd it CasPeRR? Thanks in advance.
  3. Best answer
    Dunhill79 said:
    Thanks for reply CaspeRR, From your statement above meaning that if i don't Sli there's no problem and minor improvement right? Regarding the game yes i'm not an addict gamers just play old games and latest one is Need for speed The run and SC2 only, The rest is old school games . My thought is when i doing Sli it will get improvement on quality picture. more smooth when watching blue ray film , smooth processing for the system aside from games.
    So the conclusion is better not Sli if not into gaming and spend it in other hardware right? If so what else i need to put into my system to make it more smoother and reliable and of course stability. For your info I already order SSD Corsair Neutron for my system, so what else do u recommemnd it CasPeRR? Thanks in advance.

As for as picture quality there's no difference, the only reasons people SLI for are to use more monitors or increase framerate in very demanding GPU intensive games. Right now there's a handful of games that work better with SLI and a lot more than dont. For example BF3 and crysis would utilize SLI to the fullest for example I know Assassin's creed 3 doesn't support it very well. An therefore people are getting worse frame rate with SLi on then just using 1 card. It all depends on if that gaming developer made the game to utilize it. And if they didn't you won't see an improvement in performance at all. In fact it will be worse than using one card. Now in the NVIDIA control panel you have the option to control the games, meaning you can choose if you want the game to use SLI or not. So it's just a trial an error process to see what games you play work better and which ones don't. If your using 3+ monitor at full HD then I would say a SLI upgrade would be worth it. But in my opinion I think your better off spending the money on a more powerful single card such as the 670 or above or even a 660-660 Ti which is 40-50% faster than the 560. As far as other hardware upgrades since your only using 1 monitor and not doing much heavy gaming then a SLI upgrade won't really help you very much.
  4. Best answer selected by Dunhill79.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Performance SLI Graphics