Distinguished
Dec 24, 2011
my rig:

1920x1080 monitor
3 gb ddr2 ram
e5700 cpu

suggest me best nvidia gpu to fit my cpu without bottleneck

or

best compatible or combination for my cpu e5700 and also,i dont want to upgrade my cpu

want to play at hd resolution

any near gpu match for e5700 without bottleneck

Nothing too good for graphics will be able to avoid a CPU bottle-neck with a mere E5700. Even any Athlon II x4 will generally beat the crap out of it.

If budget allows, I might recommend say a Radeon 7750 GDDR5 (or, from Nvidia, a GTX 650/GT 640 GDDR5) for around a little under $100.

The Radeon 6850 does not perform better than the Radeon 7770 and the Radeon 7850 is much more expensive than the Radeon 7770 (I was suggesting the Radeon 7770 over the Radeon 6850, but not over the Radeon 7850 unless you can't afford it).

Also, the Radeon 7770 has no trouble with any Intel nor AMD CPU so long as the motherboard supports PCIe x16 graphics cards.

Talbuscus

Honorable
Dec 22, 2012
It kinsof depends if you have a sizeable psu(power supply unit) because if you only have a 300-400w psu than these big expensive cards over here will be slow and nothing better than what you have now.
Because if you dont have a sizable psu than the cards get downclocked and performance is horrible. So find out how many watts your psu is then we'll talk.

G

get another 1 gb or ram. if your limited from having a 32 bit OS try it anyway the .5 will help. (or you could get lucky with PAE)

get a heatsink and overclock that E5700 - if you have a great overclocking chipset like the p35/45 you can hit 4+Ghz without too much trouble. a G41 will have less potential.

if you really really want nvidia then get a 650ti but honestly the price is not all that great; they are more expensive than a 7770 while not performing too much better.

file this under i can't NOT say anything:
Nothing too good for graphics will be able to avoid a CPU bottle-neck with a mere E5700. Even any Athlon II x4 will generally beat the crap out of it.

spoken like one who never owned a E5x00 cpu.

long story short:
i fried a Q6600 that i slightly OC'd to 3.2 and bought a "cheap" $60 E5300 that i OC'd to ~3.7 with the Q6600 heatsink. besides video encoding or heavily multitasking, that little speed demon was just as good performing as my quad. i highly doubt that ANY AIIx4 could "beat the crap" outta that.
:p

Spoken like someone who didn't think to ask OP if OP is overclocking (I assumed not, given the nature of OP's question and word choice, although I suppose asking wouldn't be a bad idea). A stock E5700 is weak compared to any Athlon II x4 and a properly overclocked Athlon II x4 will beat a properly overclocked E5700.

I also don't see the extra RAM from another 1GB helping much regardless of PAE. Programs in a 32 bit system only use up to 2GB unless you increase their limit to 3GB and either way, it shouldn't make much of a difference, if any at all. I'm not saying that more RAM can't help, but I don't see it making much of a difference. OP would probably get a bigger difference out of switching to a decent DDR3-capable motherboard and decent DDR3 memory (granted that'd obviously be much more expensive than simply getting another 1GB of DDR2 memory).

EDIT: For future reference, I have worked with overclocked Core 2 Duo CPUs. I know what they're capable of.

G

touché - though i took:
best compatible or combination for my cpu e5700
as opening the door to overclocking; the E5700 would get a phenomenal difference in performance, not sure if the OP asked how it would compare to an athlonII x 4 though . .
(see what i did there?) (( its a JOKE!))

the RAM yeah , meh . . it isn't the best idea to spend money on DDR2 though every bit just *may* help. hard drive thrashing from page file swapping will be nice to avoid. but i guess an appropriate question would be "what games the OP is playing . ."

cheers blazorthon . and merry christmas if i don't see you around.