Sign in with
Your question
Solved

What mobo should i get?

Last response: in Systems
January 11, 2013 11:08:32 AM

So I am just starting my first build (I've bought the case) and I was wondering what mobo I should go with?

The case I bought is a CM Storm Enforcer.

I'll just be using it for gaming and some school work.

These are the specs I plan to go with:

I5 3570k

8gbs 1600mhz ram

Unsure on which psu. (mainly just how many watts I should go with)

512gb ssd (I just want to put everything on this since even my current hdd on my laptop doesn't use that much. Then just put a backup of everything on a spare 1tb hdd)

GTX660 Ti

Thanks for reading and your answers. :) 

More about : mobo

January 11, 2013 12:47:32 PM

That's a tough one, there are quite a few good Z77 boards (the chipset I would recommend for that processor) out right now, an idea of your budget for the mobo would help.
For your PSU, without the desire to SLI in the future, 500W should be fine, if wanting to add a second GTX 660 in SLI later, a 750W should work. I will recommend looking at the following PSU brands; Antec, Corsair, FSP, PC Power & Cooling, SeaSonic, and XFX. But, that list is not all inclusive and even before going off of that list, check out the reviews for the PSU you are interested in at this link http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page541.htm
So, what's your mobo budget?
m
l
January 13, 2013 6:01:47 AM

C12Friedman said:
That's a tough one, there are quite a few good Z77 boards (the chipset I would recommend for that processor) out right now, an idea of your budget for the mobo would help.
For your PSU, without the desire to SLI in the future, 500W should be fine, if wanting to add a second GTX 660 in SLI later, a 750W should work. I will recommend looking at the following PSU brands; Antec, Corsair, FSP, PC Power & Cooling, SeaSonic, and XFX. But, that list is not all inclusive and even before going off of that list, check out the reviews for the PSU you are interested in at this link http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page541.htm
So, what's your mobo budget?

My bugdet is 100 to 150 aus dollar mark.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

January 13, 2013 7:23:40 AM

Here are a few very viable (IMO) options
ASUS P8Z77-M PRO
ASRock Z77 PRO4-M
ASRock Z77 Extreme4
MSI Z77A-G41
Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP
ASUS P8Z77-V LX