Bluetooth detection

dscharette

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2012
Windows 7 will not recognize bluetooth a2dp usb dongle as a2dp, just as human interface device. It used to work as a bt device, but now it doesn't. I downloaded the latest Widcomm drivers, but still doesn't help. I uninstalled all the bt drivers and reinstalled, but doesn't seem to make any difference. The BT installation freezes at detecting BT device, but Windows 7 recognizes and only installs as usb human interface device. What am I doing wrong?

A while ago, I switched out the dongle and replaced it with a different one. Could that have made a difference?

Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks --

Dscott

ruphskunk

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012

I have the exact same problem. While trying to fix a pairing issue, I used the bluetooth systray icon to turn off bluetooth. Then I uninstalled all the bluetooth SW. After that, the dongle will only show up as "USB Human Interface Device". I can't even re-install the widcom drivers, because they try to identify the BT device and can't. I've removed the dongle, shutdown windows and even unplugged the case. No matter which USB port I plug it on to, same problem.

dscharette

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2012
I think I found the answer. I think the drivers got corrupted. Here is what I did. Disconnected the bt USB device. I uninstalled all the bt drivers. Rebooted the computer. Then I searched for and downloaded the bt drivers for the bt dongle. In my case, it was Iomega. Then I connected the dongle and the computer found the bt drivers for a2dp. Only a partial fix, tho'. Still can't find peripheral device bt drivers. Let me know if it helps.

TRENDING THREADS