Sign in with
Your question

Graphics card below 6000

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 27, 2012 7:01:26 AM

hi .i want to buy a grapics card between 6000 rupees range .can u suggest me which one will be good for my pc..
AMD athlon(tm)64 X2 Duaal core processor 5400+ 2.81Ghz
3 GB RAM
32-nit operating system
and my motherboard is ASUS M2N-MX-SE,
my power supply model is ATX P4
Dc Ouput
+3.3v +5v +12v -5v -12V +5vsb
15A 16A 15A 0.5A 0.5A 2A
350/400/450W

i want to play like recent games max payne 3 and some action games .SO PLZ CAN U SUGGEST WHICH GRAPHICS CARD SHOULD I BUY

More about : graphics card 6000

a b U Graphics card
November 27, 2012 7:13:30 AM

I will assume indian rupee? Sorry, not knowledgeable about which countries use the rupee. I looked up exchange rate to dollars, its around $100. If cards cost the same as they do in the US, then that would buy you a radeon 7750. This card is pretty good for the money, look up the benchmarks.

This is the last upgrade you are going to pull on that old PC. Don't spend a dime(rupee) more than 6000 rupees on this card, it won't be worth it. Unless its an SSD, everyone could use one of those :) 
m
l
a c 87 U Graphics card
November 27, 2012 7:18:51 AM

I agree with the Radeon 7750 recommendation. There should be some 7750s for a that go foraround or a little under 6000 rupees IIRC (I'm not great with foreign currency, but I've done enough builds with rupees and some other currencies to make what I consider to be decent guesses).
m
l
Related resources
November 27, 2012 7:20:03 AM

I'm located in the United States but after doing an exchange rate check it looks like you're talking about 108USD. I don't know what the electronics climate is in India so you'll have to look around but this is a place to start.

That motherboard does have PCI Express which means you can use current graphics cards.

I prefer NVIDIA over AMD/ATI because they tend to have better drivers. In that vein and at that price I would look at the NVidia GTX 650 or the GT 640.

for future reference your power supply is either 350, 400, or 450 watts not all three. There should be a mark next to one of the 3 options. It doesn't make that much of a difference in this specific case because even at 350w you should have enough power to run the 650 which is the more power hungry of the two cards.
m
l
a c 87 U Graphics card
November 27, 2012 7:22:54 AM

spaceace1014 said:
I'm located in the United States but after doing an exchange rate check it looks like you're talking about 108USD. I don't know what the electronics climate is in India so you'll have to look around but this is a place to start.

That motherboard does have PCI Express which means you can use current graphics cards.

I prefer NVIDIA over AMD/ATI because they tend to have better drivers. In that vein and at that price I would look at the NVidia GTX 650 or the GT 640.

for future reference your power supply is either 350, 400, or 450 watts not all three. There should be a mark next to one of the 3 options. It doesn't make that much of a difference even at 350w you should have enough power to run the 650.

Nvidia doesn't have better drivers anymore and the 650 is an overall inferior card to the 7750. Making recommendations based on personal bias and/or outdated information instead of current information won't give you very accurate recommendations. Agreed with the rest of what you said except I wouldn't even consider a GT 640. The rare GDDR5 version is the only version worth having and even then, it's generally overpriced. The DDR3 version is junk for the money like the DDR3 version of the 7750, but even worse (not by much).
m
l
November 27, 2012 7:56:15 AM

blazorthon said:
Nvidia doesn't have better drivers anymore and the 650 is an overall inferior card to the 7750. Making recommendations based on personal bias and/or outdated information instead of current information won't give you very accurate recommendations. Agreed with the rest of what you said except I wouldn't even consider a GT 640. The rare GDDR5 version is the only version worth having and even then, it's generally overpriced. The DDR3 version is junk for the money like the DDR3 version of the 7750, but even worse (not by much).

Frankly it doesn't matter a whole lot. I was trying to be helpful based on my experiance but our OP is looking at a few points either way.

I am surprised that you know where and when I got my information though.
Spoiler
I maintain about 47 computers at a video game company. AMD still causes more problems than NVIDIA.

m
l
a c 87 U Graphics card
November 27, 2012 8:15:41 AM

AMD has no more single GPU driver issues than Nvidia with current drivers, oftentimes less. If you're having issues, I suggest an update. The latest version is Catalyst 12.11 beta 8, just FYI. Also, most people having trouble have problems because of an improperly executed driver update. How do you perform driver updates? I have compared a wide variety of Nvidia and AMD cards with current drivers for each and speak from experience with a many cards with the most up to date info on them as possible.
m
l
November 27, 2012 8:39:17 AM

blazorthon said:
AMD has no more single GPU driver issues than Nvidia with current drivers, oftentimes less. If you're having issues, I suggest an update. The latest version is Catalyst 12.11 beta 8, just FYI. Also, most people having trouble have problems because of an improperly executed driver update. How do you perform driver updates? I have compared a wide variety of Nvidia and AMD cards with current drivers for each and speak from experience with a many cards with the most up to date info on them as possible.

NVIDIA's latest beta driver is 310.61 I'm glad we could clear this up. What's your point?

You missed the bit where I work in a production environment. Beta anything is typically a bad idea unless you are trying to solve for a specific problem.

Kid, It's great that you build computers and all and that you even sell them for a profit of some sort but that's only the beginning of the tale.

OP, I'm sorry we got off track. You'll be happy with any of the cards that have been mentioned here and the AMD card IS technically the faster one but I wouldn't worry too much about it either way unless you intend to migrate to an entirely new system soon just find a good deal get some great games and have fun!
m
l
a c 87 U Graphics card
November 27, 2012 9:35:06 AM

spaceace1014 said:
NVIDIA's latest beta driver is 310.61 I'm glad we could clear this up. What's your point?

You missed the bit where I work in a production environment. Beta anything is typically a bad idea unless you are trying to solve for a specific problem.

Kid, It's great that you build computers and all and that you even sell them for a profit of some sort but that's only the beginning of the tale.

OP, I'm sorry we got off track. You'll be happy with any of the cards that have been mentioned here and the AMD card IS technically the faster one but I wouldn't worry too much about it either way unless you intend to migrate to an entirely new system soon just find a good deal get some great games and have fun!

Irrelevant. It has already been proven that the betas are more stable than the stable releases and Nvidia's driver releases have not been nearly enough to keep up with AMD's driver releases, although that's not to say that I'm not glad that Nvidia did at least that well. Calling me a kid for my stating this implies that you do not understand the topic too well regardless of any professional aspects of your work in the field. It's not rare for professionals to be far from the most experienced as is proven simply by reading even many of the articles on this site, so that's not a surprise to me.

I agree that OP may be happy with both cards. My point has only been that the AMD example is the superior card, not that the Nvidia example is a bad card. The main problems with the GT 650 GDDR5 and GT 640 GDDR5 are their inconsistent performance and related issues. Sometimes, they're right behind the 7750 GDDR5, but other times, they're hardly above the Radoen 6670 GDDR5. A few rare examples have them above the 7750 GDDR5, but the 7750 GDDR5 doesn't ever drop down to anywhere near the 6670 GDDR5.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
November 27, 2012 9:50:43 AM

spaceace1014 said:

This has got to be one of the most condescending responses I've ever seen on this forum. Shame on you.

Also, I have owned plenty of Nvidia cards myself and had my share of problems with them. I've also owned AMD cards and had my share of problems with them. This whole "Nvidia has better drivers" argument is completely irrelevant IMHO.

P.S.: It is pretty clear that the 7750 is slightly better overall than the GTX 650 regarding performance. It also OCs ever so slightly to broaden that gap between the two cards.
m
l
November 30, 2012 7:30:56 AM

guys can i buy nividia GTS450 will work on pc
3 GB RAM
32-nit operating system
Dc Ouput
15A 16A 15A 0.5A 0.5A 2A
450W

m
l
a c 87 U Graphics card
November 30, 2012 2:40:08 PM

I don't think that you have enough +12V amperage on your PSU for a GTS 450 if it only has a 15 amp rated maximum. That's probably not even the long-term power delivery rating, just short term, if not a complete lie, so it's not only a matter of a well-rated enough PSU, but whether or not the ratings are even accurate. Many PSUs, especially low-end models, are lied about in their specifications.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
November 30, 2012 3:46:43 PM

Ram_50 said:
hi .i want to buy a grapics card between 6000 rupees range .can u suggest me which one will be good for my pc..
3 GB RAM
32-nit operating system
Dc Ouput
15A 16A 15A 0.5A 0.5A 2A
350/400/450W

i want to play like recent games max payne 3 and some action games .SO PLZ CAN U SUGGEST WHICH GRAPHICS CARD SHOULD I BUY

Hi Ram bhai,
I'd suggest you to extend your budget around Rs. 1000 more, to get an AMD Raedon 7750.
In the budget gaming cards, it's the best one available. And, it consumes very low power (55W TDP). So, it'll work very well with any PSU, even with very cheap 400 W PSUs. It'll cost you around Rs. 7000.

Get this one:
http://www.flipkart.com/gigabyte-amd-ati-gv-r775oc-1gi-...
m
l
a b U Graphics card
November 30, 2012 4:18:16 PM

best card under 6000 is undoubtedly radeon 6670 gddr5.
however for 1000 more 7750 is a better more powerful card with lower power consumption
m
l
December 7, 2012 2:26:46 AM

guys pls tell which one graphics card to buy
ATI OR NIVDIA OR PS2
pls tell which one to buy
i would like to gta4 ,max payne 3 games
so pls tell model also
my budget $100(INR 6000RS)
m
l
a b U Graphics card
December 7, 2012 5:04:42 AM

mohit9206 said:
best card under 6000 is undoubtedly radeon 6670 gddr5.
however for 1000 more 7750 is a better more powerful card with lower power consumption

^ read this :pfff: 
m
l
a b U Graphics card
December 7, 2012 5:50:58 PM

We told you which card to buy. The 7750 is your best bet. 6670 is good too, but why get an older card that performs the same as the newer card?

If you mean which brand and model of card, well, I would get the cheapest 7750 if I was you. Sapphire, asus, gigabyte, MSI, take your pick. Read reviews and figure it out.
m
l
December 9, 2012 11:31:50 AM

Hello Iam having asus m2n-mx-se mother board .... will ati radeon hd 6670 graphic card will be supported on my board or not plz reply
m
l
December 9, 2012 11:36:26 AM

hi .will ati hd 6670 ddr5 grapics card will work on ASUS M2N-MX-SE,PLS GUYS REPLY
3 GB RAM
32-nit operating system
Dc Ouput
15A 16A 15A 0.5A 0.5A 2A
450W
m
l
a b U Graphics card
December 9, 2012 11:53:15 AM

no 6670 will not work because you have a very poor power supply.
m
l
December 10, 2012 2:03:11 AM

festerovic said:
We told you which card to buy. The 7750 is your best bet. 6670 is good too, but why get an older card that performs the same as the newer card?

If you mean which brand and model of card, well, I would get the cheapest 7750 if I was you. Sapphire, asus, gigabyte, MSI, take your pick. Read reviews and figure it out.

Hello Iam having asus m2n-mx-se mother board .... will ati radeon hd 6670 graphic card will be supported on my board or not plz repl
m
l
a c 87 U Graphics card
December 10, 2012 2:44:31 AM

The board isn't a problem. Like mohit9206, I think that your PSU may be problematic for a Radeon 6670, but it wouldn't be an issue for the Radeon 7750 (the 7750 uses less power in addition to being faster).
m
l
December 10, 2012 2:53:55 AM

festerovic said:
I will assume indian rupee? Sorry, not knowledgeable about which countries use the rupee. I looked up exchange rate to dollars, its around $100. If cards cost the same as they do in the US, then that would buy you a radeon 7750. This card is pretty good for the money, look up the benchmarks.

This is the last upgrade you are going to pull on that old PC. Don't spend a dime(rupee) more than 6000 rupees on this card, it won't be worth it. Unless its an SSD, everyone could use one of those :) 

Well done research, kudos to you. 7750 would be a fantastic card for your price range.

m
l
December 14, 2012 7:30:10 AM

mohit9206 said:
^ read this :pfff: 

i brought 6670 but wen i inserted ter is no display in my monitor .... wen i inserted into inbulit graphics monitor is working the problem is ter is no display wen i inserted into graphics card
m
l
December 14, 2012 7:31:08 AM

i brought 6670 but wen i inserted ter is no display in my monitor .... wen i inserted into inbulit graphics monitor is working the problem is ter is no display wen i inserted into graphics card
m
l
a b U Graphics card
December 14, 2012 7:43:04 AM

did you connect the vga cable of your monitor to your graphics card ? you have to do that in order to get display from your graphics card. disconnect vga from motherboard graphics and connect to vga of 6670
m
l
December 14, 2012 11:09:26 AM

mohit9206 said:
did you connect the vga cable of your monitor to your graphics card ? you have to do that in order to get display from your graphics card. disconnect vga from motherboard graphics and connect to vga of 6670

ya i connect with vga also.do u need to update my motherboard BIOS pls HELP ME.i brought ASUS 1GB DDR5 HD6670 .pls tell instrution
m
l
December 14, 2012 11:16:16 AM

ya i connect with vga also.do u need to update my motherboard BIOS pls HELP ME.i brought ASUS 1GB DDR5 HD6670 .pls tell instrution
m
l
December 14, 2012 11:25:09 AM

you might haven't fully inserted the card into the PCI slot...YOU MUST CONNECT IT TO THE PCI/AGP SLOT FULLY..
m
l
December 15, 2012 12:45:03 AM

ya i connected fully to pci slot but no display in monitor it saying NO INPUT SIGNAL pls help wat will be problem
m
l
a b U Graphics card
December 15, 2012 4:22:13 AM

ok disable and uninstall your onboard graphics before installing 6670
m
l
!