Will this blow up my pc?

Ok so i'm trying to build a pc need money so untill then i want to upgrade my graphics card to a Sapphire Radeon HD7750 2GB and i have a aopen power supply 350w i was told you can run this card on that many watts but my mate said i can blow up my power supply motherboard and fri my videocard something about a rail not the best at pc so can someone please help me?
9 answers Last reply
More about will blow
  1. If its a quality 350W it should be fine. Even with an overclocked AMD chip you wouldnt be drawing more than 200W through the 12v.
    However, if its a generic unit and/or 3+yrs old, wouldnt trust it to hold a graphics card.

From the little I can find of it online, that PSU looks pretty generic.
  2. manofchalk said:
    If its a quality 350W it should be fine. Even with an overclocked AMD chip you wouldnt be drawing more than 200W through the 12v.
    However, if its a generic unit and/or 3+yrs old, wouldnt trust it to hold a graphics card.

From the little I can find of it online, that PSU looks pretty generic.

See i would buy a new psu but i don't know if it would fit in the case any help?
  3. Well, I need to know what the case is first. If its a standard ATX case, any PSU should fit in it just fine.
  4. manofchalk said:
    Well, I need to know what the case is first. If its a standard ATX case, any PSU should fit in it just fine.

Now i'm not the best with pc's but http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/azn_plyr/DSC00751.jpg that kinda what it looks like
  5. Should be fine, any standard ATX PSU should fit in a case like that just fine. Only issue would be length, but it will be fine unless your looking at 1000W+ PSU's, which is vastly overkill for your needs.
  6. Antec Neo Eco 450C 450W Power Supply thats the psu i'm looking at buying and with that psu i should be able to get a Radeon HD7770GHz Edition 1GB with no trouble yeah?
  7. Thats a very nice budget unit, good pick. You should be fine to run that with a 7770.
  8. manofchalk said:
    Thats a very nice budget unit, good pick. You should be fine to run that with a 7770.

Dude i would like to thank you have made me so happy been down all day thanks man.
  9. This place has great Moderators. Insane users (cough cough) yes, but great Mods.
    Great mods for modding.
    Laughter ensues.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Power Supplies Graphics