Wireless Network Adapter and no connection in Network Conn..

I have a Linksys wireless adapter (WUSB11 v2.6) and I cannot get it to
work with Windows XP (SP2). I plugged it in and followed the hardware
and driver installation instructions and it successfully recognizes the
hardware and the Device Manager says it is working properly. I have also
downloaded the latest drivers and transferred them via memory stick. The
problem is that there is no Wireless Network Connection icon in the
Network Connections folder.. XP does not detect that there is any
wireless connection even though it appears that the driver is installed
correctly. I have verified that the Wireless Zero service is running and
contacted both Linksys and Dell. Linksys told me to call Dell and Dell
told me to reinstall Windows. I have way too much stuff on the computer
to reinstall Windows, so any suggestions would be appreciated. The exact
same adapter is plugged into my sister's Dell running SP2 and it works
fine so the problem is my XP is not detecting any wireless connection
and is not showing a Wireless Network Connection icon in the Network
Connections Folder.

--
neuralyzerPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

As what?