mendez554

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012
Hello,

Im building my own PC for the first time and wanted to know if i should go with the EVGA GTX 550 Ti 2048 MB? I am building this PC because i am going to want to play the new Elder scrolls MMO coming out. Want to be able to play games like that and Diablo 3 with no graphic issues. Also i will be running 2 monitors so im not sure if that comes into play when buying a graphic card.

rene13cross

Honorable
Apr 2, 2012
How much are you willing to spend and where would you prefer to buy from? That would help us to determine what the best graphics card you can get would be.

Judging from the fact that you suggested a 2GB version of the GTX 550 Ti, I would immediately recommend a 7850 (or a 7770 if that's over budget) since, if I was to guess, the 2GB GTX 550 Ti would cost you about the same (but is quite a bit weaker than the 7850, or even 7770).

mendez554

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012

Well if you asking if i perfer Radeon or Nvidia; i dont have a favorite really. This my first major computer i will own that actually needs a card to play games. I am willing to spend up to 350-400 dollars but wasnt sure if i needed to.

The requirements for the Elder Scrolls MMO isn't out yet. And since you're building computer exclusively for that, you should wait before buying it - computer hardware is getting cheaper every day and by the time the MMO comes out, you could get a much better system for the same price than today.