Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Good i5 and motherboard? And does it fit?

Last response: in Systems
Share
January 11, 2013 4:35:43 PM

Hey, I wanna know if this build is good and fits (Note: I don't wanna change the GTX 660 to a Radeon 7870)
I am not going to overclock.


Intel Core i5 3470 / 3.2 GHz = CPU
http://azerty.nl/0-2532-528633/intel-core-i5-3470-3-2-g...

MSI N660 TF 2GD5/OC = GPU
http://azerty.nl/0-4360-554020/msi-n660-tf-2gd5-oc-.htm...

ASRock ZH77 Pro3 = Motherboard
http://azerty.nl/0-4924-554124/asrock-zh77-pro3-.html

Cooler Master Elite 430 = Case
http://azerty.nl/0-1044-321431/cooler-master-elite-430-...

Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB = RAM
http://azerty.nl/0-750-361602/corsair-vengeance-.html

Corsair Builder Series CX600 Bronze = Power supply
http://azerty.nl/0-1073-555978/corsair-builder-series-c...

Seagate Barracuda ST31000524AS 1TB = HDD
http://azerty.nl/0-857-397470/seagate-barracuda-st31000...

Samsung SH-224BB = DVD reader
http://azerty.nl/0-862-557195/samsung-sh-224bb-.html

Site where I am going to buy this: www.azerty.nl

Greetings, AncientBro

More about : good motherboard fit

January 11, 2013 4:38:55 PM

This build works and will be fine.
January 11, 2013 4:40:03 PM

tiny voices said:
This build works and will be fine.

I know I made several posts about my build, but is this really a good build for gaming? It's my first build so I wanna be sure I don't waste any money or do anything wrong.
Related resources
January 11, 2013 4:42:50 PM

I know this was covered in your last thread, but a 7870 will be better for basically the same money. But you have said you don't want to do that so, this is a good gaming build.
January 11, 2013 5:46:32 PM

Anyone else think I should take another motherboard or i5?
January 11, 2013 11:10:54 PM

tiny voices said:
I know this was covered in your last thread, but a 7870 will be better for basically the same money. But you have said you don't want to do that so, this is a good gaming build.

Ok, I saw some video's and I got to say, the 7870 is in-between the GTX 660 and the GTX 660 Ti. So if this card is available for the same price as the GTX 660, I might consider buying it :) 
Btw, will this one do?
http://azerty.nl/0-3921-493345/msi-r7870-twin-frozr-2gd...
January 12, 2013 1:06:01 AM

you can save some money here with this
http://azerty.nl/8-750-520185/crucial-ballistix-sport-g...
not really any difference besides the huge heatsinks that vengeance have

would change the PSU into this
http://azerty.nl/8-1073-196032/be-quiet-system-power-bq...
you will not need 600W, most you might even use is 300 but this gives you some leeway(can also go for a 500W if wanting to

and i would get this board
http://azerty.nl/8-4924-556607/asrock-b75m-dgs.html

does not let you SLI/CFX in the future but with a 400W you probably shouldn't SLI/CFX anyways

January 12, 2013 10:21:11 AM

boulbox said:
you can save some money here with this
http://azerty.nl/8-750-520185/crucial-ballistix-sport-g...
not really any difference besides the huge heatsinks that vengeance have

would change the PSU into this
http://azerty.nl/8-1073-196032/be-quiet-system-power-bq...
you will not need 600W, most you might even use is 300 but this gives you some leeway(can also go for a 500W if wanting to

and i would get this board
http://azerty.nl/8-4924-556607/asrock-b75m-dgs.html

does not let you SLI/CFX in the future but with a 400W you probably shouldn't SLI/CFX anyways

I actually have this motherboard now: http://azerty.nl/producten/product_detail/4924/496950/a...
And, I don't need to save money, this computer is already under my budget, so I stick with the Vengeance. Btw, with a 600w PSU I am able to upgrade my GPU later when I want too. Also, you are the only one who ever says that 450w is enough for this system. I personally think you have too little space for any adjustments with that amount of watt.
January 12, 2013 4:39:47 PM

computers do not take as much power as people think anymore. it used to be at least 750W to have a clean SLI/CFX setup with a lot of overclocking abilities. Now all you need is about 600-700W(hopefully a good brand like corsair, XFX, or seasonic which under rates their watts) and a clean setup for SLI/CFX.

If you are under budget then i suggest getting a modular PSU around the 600-650W mark. will make cable management a whole lot easier.
January 13, 2013 1:34:33 PM

boulbox said:
computers do not take as much power as people think anymore. it used to be at least 750W to have a clean SLI/CFX setup with a lot of overclocking abilities. Now all you need is about 600-700W(hopefully a good brand like corsair, XFX, or seasonic which under rates their watts) and a clean setup for SLI/CFX.

If you are under budget then i suggest getting a modular PSU around the 600-650W mark. will make cable management a whole lot easier.

I have a Corsair 600w Bronze Edition selected. Good enough :) 
!