First time pc build, advice needed

Hi, I'm a brand new PC builder and have come from laptops so I have never even opened a PC. I have lots of videos on how to build them and to be honest it just seems to be slotting things into labeled places. The best video I have watched is Jackfrags video on how to build your own steam box, he showed you how to build it in detail. I am going to be using my pc for some gaming, although nothing like BF3. I have an xbox that I play that on so there is no need for GTX 680's and 6 core i7's. Although I would like to be able to games like Day Z and Farming at 1080p with at least 30fps as that is what I am used to from my xbox. Although anything higher is a bonus. I was going to get it off Ginger6 but it was around £55 more than to buy everything from scan.co.uk as parts. Scan also has a better graphics card for around £10 less. Below are the parts that I am going to buy.

Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 micro-ATX
CPU: Intel Core i5 3350p 3.1GHz quad core Ivy Bridge
Motherboard: Asus P8B75-M LX Intel B75 Socket 115 (this is the thing that I am most worried about as I am not sure if it will fit in my case.)
GPU: XFX DD Core Edition Radeon HD 7770 1GB GDDR5
PSU: Storm Silent LPJ19-25 500W
HDD: Seagate 500GB 7200rpm 16mb cache
DVD drive: 24x DVDRW from Liteon
RAM: Corsair XMS3 4GB 1333MHz for an extra £13 I can get £8GB)
Wi-Fi: Dynamode WL-700-11NX 300Mbps
If anybody has spotted any problems please can you let me know. Also if anybody knows anywhere to get very cheap 1080p monitor, I have found one for £86 with DVI-I (this is the connector that I need). Also if anybody knows where to get a very cheap wireless keyboard that would be much appreciated, I live in the UK by the way.

Thanks for any replies
3 answers Last reply
More about first time build advice needed
  1. I'd recommend hd 7850 for dayz afaik it's demanding game.
    Also, 1600 MHz ram is notably faster, but 1333 works good too.
  2. The problem is that the 7850 is out of my price range, all off the parts only cost £386. I know that isn't much for a gaming pc but thats about my limit. The RAM price is way out of my range so 1333mhz will have to do. Do you think I should go with 4gb RAM for £17 or 8gb for £30?
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems