Sign in with
Your question

GTX 660 Dual display driver error

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
November 27, 2012 2:15:36 PM

I can display via vga or HMDI individually however, when I attempted to display from both of these ports to my screens (1 VGA monitor, 1 HD TV via HDMI) my display goes black.

It will then attempt to reload the screen however neither will display an image. When I unplug the HDMI the driver loads and my monitor displays correctly. I then get a prompt to advise the driver has recovered from a serious error.

This has been the same since I have had the card and I have used two driver revisions up until now.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
a b U Graphics card
November 27, 2012 2:41:53 PM

I recommend you contact a Driver dev from the Geforce forums. All we can tell you to do is Re-install drivers. Since we arent driver devs.... I usually re-install driver when i get this error more than once... I'm sure your not the only one thats gotten this error
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
November 27, 2012 3:31:55 PM

I have found another thread in relation to it, however yes I will.
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
November 27, 2012 5:35:38 PM

Yea google can be your friend in these times. Also how much ram does your GTX 660 have and what were you doing at the time of the driver crash. Other than just running multiple monitors
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
November 27, 2012 11:10:44 PM

nothing this is from POST onwards, I am unable to even get them to display, google yields 1 result with no fix in sight.
December 2, 2012 4:38:52 PM

Im getting absolutely nowhere with this like no response from email.

Is this a driver issue or a card issue, is anyone else with a gtx 660 able to display via DVI and HDMI at the same time?
!