gwapings101

Honorable
May 23, 2012
So I OC'ed the GPU of this APU from 444 MHz to 590 MHz can anyone of you guys tell me how far can I get it to go and what are the safe temps I should have because I'm new to overclocking and don't want to harm my PC because of excessive OC. Thanks! :sol:

Ikmalhidayat

Honorable
Aug 30, 2012
well, for every overclocker beginners (including me!), they should increase at least 5mhz for gpu and memory.

(this is for usual graphic card overclock. i dont know about yours)(detailed info after this. skip if you know) first, overclock either gpu or memory. prefer memory first because memory does increase speed. increase 5mhz and check for stability for at least 1-2mins (longer prefered for warm up and higher unstability detection). also, check for temp(use furmarks or msi kompressor or any gpu stress test). keep continuing this until you find out artifacts for memory and distorted screen for gpu (like disturbed images, lines, or anything unusual). if you found out, decrease the clock by 10mhz. and test for stability for at least 5mins (longer prefered). if you want to find out max capability, increase by 1-2mhz, test for stability and keep continue this until errors reappear. then turn down by 1mhz and check for stability at least 15mins. turn down by 1-2mhz if artifact still present. and thats your max, stabilized clock. (for gpu clocking though, you will need to restart your pc to gain control if the screen is greyed or cannot be seen.) redo this for your another clock (gpu or memory) with same steps. after done this, try to run a game that is full graphic usage (like crysis 2 and nfs shift 2) and check for artifacts. if do, turn down memory at least 2mhz and rerun that game. try to play it with most epic situation.

well, for your question, normally safe temp is below 70C or if your graphic card is capable on handling high temp, below 80C (mine, hd 4350 is 66C max). if you believe that your card are running too hot or above 75C, try to clean your card by cleaning the heatsink, reapply thermal paste or grease (use gold coloured silicon thermal grease or better, high thermal transfer thermal paste) and check your fan for damaged or haired if yours are fanned.

hope thats help you and my info is about 70% true (cuz all my explanation is from experiences and form other people advices)

gwapings101

Honorable
May 23, 2012

okay, thanks. Will take note of that. Thanks a alot.

btw, I read from other forums that I should change other settings in order to make it work like what I read that

"The iGPU also have locked multi, so in your case with 115 bclk it's real frequency would be ~510MHz not 700"