Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Building new rig ?

Last response: in Systems
Share
January 11, 2013 2:44:51 PM

Hello guys,
this is my first time building a budget pc so i would like to ask you guys do you think this rig is gd for gaming and its not necessary to play them on high performance i just need a good fps, so here is the specs :
CORE I5 3330.
ASUS P8B75-M LX.
2 x VENGEANCE VG PC1600 C9 CMZ 4 GB.
ASUS 7750 1GB DDR5.
AEROCOOL E80 700W.
and if there is any better things i can get with the same amount.
Thanks.

More about : building rig

January 11, 2013 3:00:01 PM

zkenpatchi said:
Hello guys,
this is my first time building a budget pc so i would like to ask you guys do you think this rig is gd for gaming and its not necessary to play them on high performance i just need a good fps, so here is the specs :
CORE I5 3330.
ASUS P8B75-M LX.
2 x VENGEANCE VG PC1600 C9 CMZ 4 GB.
ASUS 7750 1GB DDR5.
AEROCOOL E80 700W.
and if there is any better things i can get with the same amount.
Thanks.


The CPU and motherboard is fine but just to let you know you are not going to be able to overlock if you decided that is something you would want to do. The PSU is overkill, hardware is getting more power effcient and using less power. A 550 Watt PSU would be fine. Also I would get something better quality than aerocool I would get something from Seasonic or Corsair. Lastly What games are you playing at at what resolution becuase that video card is crap for gaming.
m
0
l
January 11, 2013 3:12:45 PM

zkenpatchi said:
Hello guys,
this is my first time building a budget pc so i would like to ask you guys do you think this rig is gd for gaming and its not necessary to play them on high performance i just need a good fps, so here is the specs :
CORE I5 3330.
ASUS P8B75-M LX.
2 x VENGEANCE VG PC1600 C9 CMZ 4 GB.
ASUS 7750 1GB DDR5.
AEROCOOL E80 700W.
and if there is any better things i can get with the same amount.
Thanks.

Every part you mentioned except the graphics card is good. It seems a shame to build a nice system without a half decent card. However im sure you'll get one when you can. did you enjoy doing your build?
m
0
l
Related resources
January 11, 2013 3:27:40 PM

rds1220 said:
The CPU and motherboard is fine but just to let you know you are not going to be able to overlock if you decided that is something you would want to do. The PSU is overkill, hardware is getting more power effcient and using less power. A 550 Watt PSU would be fine. Also I would get something better quality than aerocool I would get something from Seasonic or Corsair. Lastly What games are you playing at at what resolution becuase that video card is crap for gaming.




im not going to overclock it so im not worried about this part, also i play games like crysis2, assassin creed 3, hitman absolution and i play on 1,680 x 1,050 so which video card is good but still kind of cheap.

Thnxx.
m
0
l
January 11, 2013 3:31:45 PM

bigirishman said:
Every part you mentioned except the graphics card is good. It seems a shame to build a nice system without a half decent card. However im sure you'll get one when you can. did you enjoy doing your build?


well i really did enjoy building it, it gave me a good experience, but ehat graphic card is good and still sort of cheap i was thinking about ASUS 7750 1GB DDR55 will that one be good enough or i need better ?

Thnxx.
m
0
l
January 11, 2013 3:33:52 PM

You are definetly going to need a better video card. I would at the very least get a GTX 660-660Ti/ Radeon 7850 or higher.
m
0
l
January 11, 2013 3:45:23 PM

rds1220 said:
You are definetly going to need a better video card. I would at the very least get a GTX 660-660Ti/ Radeon 7850 or higher.


well these two are out of my budget but how about the ASUS 7750 is it better than the other ?
m
0
l

Best solution

January 11, 2013 3:56:30 PM

zkenpatchi said:
well i really did enjoy building it, it gave me a good experience, but ehat graphic card is good and still sort of cheap i was thinking about ASUS 7750 1GB DDR55 will that one be good enough or i need better ?

Thnxx.

That card will struggle to play any of the new game titles this year and even a lot off older games. Maybe look at getting a used graphics card like this one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VTX3D-Radeon-HD-6850-/2711351... or this one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sapphire-Radeon-HD-6870-1024-...
Share
January 11, 2013 4:03:05 PM

zkenpatchi said:
well these two are out of my budget but how about the ASUS 7750 is it better than the other ?


No an Asus 7750 won't be any better than one from XFX, MSI, PowerColor or any of the other partners. They all use the same graphics chip (code named Cape Verde ) from AMD and they will all struggle with those games at high settings on that resolution. If you want to use that graphics card you are going to have to lower the graphics settings.
m
0
l
January 11, 2013 4:04:39 PM

is the SAPPHIRE 6850 is better than the ASUS 7750 ?
m
0
l
January 11, 2013 4:23:30 PM

I play games at that res too, and to I can play Bf3, Crysis 2, Far Cry 3 etc on ultra, scraping the fps, although never lagging. I get around 50 fps, with a Phenom II 1090t.

Edit: I wouldn't want a lesser card to play ultra at 1680x1050, but I imagine a 6870 could do ok at high settings.
m
0
l
January 11, 2013 7:16:52 PM

This topic has been moved from the section CPU & Components to section Systems by Mousemonkey
m
0
l
January 18, 2013 2:17:01 PM

Best answer selected by zkenpatchi.
m
0
l
!