1360 X 768 With Radeon HD 7870 Ghz Edition?

I will be buying A Gigabyte 7870 Ghz Edition, My monitor is 18.5 with a res of 1360 X 768 .. I feel like wasting my 7870 Ghz on that monitor :\ should I upgrade? and to which resolution?

ps: I want to max out all games
22 answers Last reply
More about 1360 radeon 7870 edition
  1. You should buy an ips 1080p monitor, the asus ones are cheap, 23" for ~130$

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236288R
  2. klagera said:
    I will be buying A Gigabyte 7870 Ghz Edition, My monitor is 18.5 with a res of 1360 X 768 .. I feel like wasting my 7870 Ghz on that monitor :\ should I upgrade? and to which resolution?

    ps: I want to max out all games


    You ask this the day AFTER Cyber Monday? Check if newegg and tigerdirect still have their deals going. They had some nice cheap monitors for sale.
  3. That video card will max everything at your current res will not even get close to maxing everything at 1080p that would take a 660ti or 7950.

    thent
  4. Still its worth the upgrade from 1366x768...for a 1080p resolution...and not that much difference with those cards :

    http://tpucdn.com/reviews/Powercolor/HD_7870_PCS_Plus_Vortex_II/images/perfrel_1920.gif (just a e.g.)
  5. :( now I feel that my card sucks
  6. It doesn't suck...it is actually good for 1080p gaming.
  7. djangoringo said:
    It doesn't suck...it is actually good for 1080p gaming.

    I'm not worrying about the card, If I upgrade o 1080 I will buy another 7870 and crossfire , good solution right ? :D
  8. make sure to check the response time the input lag on the monitor.
  9. It will be overkill for that resolution, the crossfire setup.
  10. really? now i'm confused
  11. Just get an ips 1080p monitor and play with that card, it will be fine.
  12. ^The reason he's telling you to get an ips monitor instead of the usual TN panel is because ips monitors have a slower refresh rate. This is easier on the graphics card, but means there's a fair bit of imput lag - something you really don't want if you're gaming.

    That being said, why upgrade? Isn't it better to max out any game at your resolution?
  13. What? he can max out much games out there @1080p...others with less AA, and a bit oc it will do.
    In my opinion it is worthy of the upgrade, i can't stand those low resolutions, and at 1080p you'll notice the difference.
    Like i said go with a ips monitor 1080p those from asus are like 5ms and they're cheap (the link i gave was at 122$ a 23" screen)
  14. Newegg has the Dell S2340 under $200. I bought it for $159 last week. It's a 24" IPS 1080p.

    As for the GPU, I doubt you'll need to crossfire at 1080p. If you feel like you need some more performance those 7800 series are great overclockers. An overclocked 7850 can be almost as fast as a 7950 in some games. Just get one with a pretty decent cooler.
  15. omarc that would be a 23 inch monitor not 24 but still good.

    thent
  16. If i upgrade to 1080 without crossfire I will lack fps and I wont be able to max all games.. and if i do crossfire then it'a an over kill..lol
  17. thently said:
    That video card will max everything at your current res will not even get close to maxing everything at 1080p that would take a 660ti or 7950.

    thent

    WRONG! The 7850 games very well in 1080p and the 7870 GHz will max out ANY game.
  18. CaptainTom said:
    WRONG! The 7850 games very well in 1080p and the 7870 GHz will max out ANY game.

    are you sure? like MAX with 4x MSAA an every other thing set on maximum ? with a playable FPS ?
  19. I don't understand nobody except a misinformed user said that you wont be able to play @1080p with good frame rates maxout...
    See this :

    http://tpucdn.com/reviews/Sapphire/HD_7870_Flex/images/bf3_1920_1200.gif
    http://tpucdn.com/reviews/Sapphire/HD_7870_Flex/images/crysis2_1920_1200.gif
    http://tpucdn.com/reviews/Sapphire/HD_7870_Flex/images/skyrim_1920_1200.gif
    http://tpucdn.com/reviews/Sapphire/HD_7870_Flex/images/alanwake_1920_1200.gif
    That is maxout with AA enable and without oc...and with older catalyst drivers(expect better performance).
  20. klagera said:
    are you sure? like MAX with 4x MSAA an every other thing set on maximum ? with a playable FPS ?

    Yes! Even metro!
  21. DarkSable said:
    ^The reason he's telling you to get an ips monitor instead of the usual TN panel is because ips monitors have a slower refresh rate. This is easier on the graphics card, but means there's a fair bit of imput lag - something you really don't want if you're gaming.

    That being said, why upgrade? Isn't it better to max out any game at your resolution?


    This is news to me... How exactly is IPS "Easier on graphic cards"?
  22. djangoringo said:
    I don't understand nobody except a misinformed user said that you wont be able to play @1080p with good frame rates maxout...
    See this :

    http://tpucdn.com/reviews/Sapphire/HD_7870_Flex/images/bf3_1920_1200.gif
    http://tpucdn.com/reviews/Sapphire/HD_7870_Flex/images/crysis2_1920_1200.gif
    http://tpucdn.com/reviews/Sapphire/HD_7870_Flex/images/skyrim_1920_1200.gif
    http://tpucdn.com/reviews/Sapphire/HD_7870_Flex/images/alanwake_1920_1200.gif
    That is maxout with AA enable and without oc...and with older catalyst drivers(expect better performance).

    Interesting :D
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Monitors Radeon Graphics Product