Sign in with
Your question

Wireless can only find neighbours' networks.

Last response: in Wireless Networking
Anonymous
January 9, 2012 10:14:16 AM

Hello,
I've just moved into a new flat and am desperately trying to connect to the internet there. My computer only finds the networks from neighbouring flats and doesn't find the one for my flat.

I've tried manually adding the network but it still won't connect to it. There are 3 other people in the flat, all who are connected to the internet. My phone is also able to find the connection but my computer isn't.

Please help!
Thanks,
xx
a c 202 F Wireless
January 11, 2012 6:19:06 PM

It may be that the wireless router does not broadcast its SSID, so you won't see it. Ask one of the other people in the flat to look at their network settings to see the network name (SSID) and the security password so that you can connect. If they can't/won't tell you, either make a wired connect to the router and use THIS guide to connect or ask whoever runs the router for the information if you cannot access it.
January 11, 2012 10:41:17 PM

Anonymous said:
Hello,
I've just moved into a new flat and am desperately trying to connect to the internet there. My computer only finds the networks from neighbouring flats and doesn't find the one for my flat.

I've tried manually adding the network but it still won't connect to it. There are 3 other people in the flat, all who are connected to the internet. My phone is also able to find the connection but my computer isn't.

Please help!
Thanks,
xx

I am having same problem......is the network card in your computer quite old and the router very new?.......try updating the driver for the wireless network card in the computer. Should not be a problem with the router since the android is picking the signal.
!