Sign in with
Your question

I5 3570k with 670 or 7950?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 27, 2012 7:13:12 PM

Hello, denizens and ITs of New-I mean Tom's Hardware!

Short question, and I want a good answer: What works better for price per value on a single 1080p display (possibly eyefinity, but not anytime soon) for gaming, and only gaming at max settings, and with the 3570k? I don't really plan to overclock [the card] much at all, but don't see what could go possibly wrong if I try.

I plan to play games like bf4, TES: online, planetside 2, yadda yadda, whatever. You get my drift.

Suggestions for each card

7950: Gigabyte, MSI, Sapphire Vapor-X (word on the street is that a recent Trixx update removes the voltage lock :heink:  )
670: MSI PE, Asus DCII, Gigabyte, FTW

Which of each category has good cooling and good overclocks? And what brand would be best for crossfiring/sli in the future?

All suggestions, except trolls, are welcome.

More about : 3570k 670 7950

a c 85 U Graphics card
November 27, 2012 11:15:59 PM

If you aren't overclocking, go with the EVGA 670 FTW. It's cooler handles its factory overclock just fine, and it's the fastest stock overclock.

For the 7950, if the vapor-x really is voltage unlocked, then it'll outpower anything else on your list.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
November 27, 2012 11:25:46 PM

Well the coolest would be Asus. And the fastest FTW.

Ftw has 680PCB and cooler and runs really good.

About the 7950 Gigabyte or vapor-X .

And +1 to :For the 7950, if the vapor-x really is voltage unlocked, then it'll outpower anything else on your list.
m
l
!