Solved

Help With Friends Budget Build

Hey Community,

I am getting a computer built for my friend for games like black ops 2, and he has a budget of 600 dollars. For me that is too hard acheive but trusts me to get him the right specs for games like black ops 2. I am considering building it off ncix.ca because it is the closest to vancouver BC :D. I thought coming here would help as the community helped me build my i5 3570k rig which I took the time to build my self. But for this I would like to build it off ncix.ca. Could someone give me all the parts for a 600 dollar rig off the site ncix.ca. Thanks.
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about help friends budget build
  1. ANYONE .
  2. Hi. Does your friend need a monitor and OS? If he has a monitor, what's the resolution?
  3. johnsonjohnson said:
    Hi. Does your friend need a monitor and OS? If he has a monitor, what's the resolution?

he does not need the monitor , he will buy one after the computer but it doesn't come into the budget. As for what resolution, it doesn't matter to him.
  4. What about the operating system?
  5. johnsonjohnson said:
    What about the operating system?

yes he needs the operating system aswell
  6. You may be able to save a little more money going with a AMD FX 6300 system then using the money you saved to get a better GPU like a 7850. It will be able to play games like Black ops np as well as other games.
  7. Best answer
    If he can spend a little more, this is a good build. Feel free to make changes as you prefer like the case.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Pentium G860 3.0GHz Dual-Core Processor ($64.99 @ NCIX)
    Motherboard: ASRock B75M-GL Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($58.39 @ NCIX)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($64.99 @ NCIX)
    Case: Zalman Z9 Plus ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ NCIX)
    Other: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 64BIT SP1 DVD OEM ($97.99)
    Other: Samsung SH-224BB 24X SATA DVD Writer Black ($19.98)
    Other: ASUS GeForce GTX 660 OC DirectCU 1020MHZ 2GB ($199.99)
    Other: Corsair XMS3 CMX8GX3M2A1600C9 8GB 2X4GB DDR3-1600 ($42.98)
    Other: XFX 450W Core Edition Single Rail ($34.99)
    Total: $624.29
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-01-11 19:56 EST-0500)
  8. This topic has been moved from the section CPU & Components to section Systems by Mousemonkey
  9. Best answer selected by SumerGrewal.
Ask a new question

Read More

Build Computer Games Systems