Help needed with finding video drivers

Hi, I got this info form aida32 and I`m still confused as the know what
driver I need, I`ve checked out the two sites and can`t work it out. The
comp isn`t mine I`m trying the help a friend, Am I right in thinking the
graphics card is built into the mobo? The problem is he upgraded from
win98se to xp and now when he plays any games he just gets a black screen,
some of them you can hear the sound. Sorry for the long post. Thanks for any
help or suggestions. Kim

Computer:
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional
OS Service Pack Service Pack 2
Internet Explorer 6.0.2900.2180
Computer Name HOME-65HLLN2O9S
User Name john
Logon Domain HOME-65HLLN2O9S

Motherboard:
CPU Type AMD Athlon XP, 1500 MHz (4.5 x 333)
1700+
Motherboard Name Unknown
Motherboard Chipset VIA VT8378 UniChrome KM400
System Memory 192 MB (PC3200 DDR SDRAM)
BIOS Type Award (09/07/04)
Communication Port Communications Port (COM1)
Communication Port Printer Port (LPT1)

Display:
Video Adapter VIA/S3 Unichrome
3D Accelerator VIA/S3 Unichrome

Multimedia:
Audio Adapter VIA AC'97 Enhanced Audio Controller

Chipset Properties:
Motherboard Chipset VIA VT8378 UniChrome KM400
In-Order Queue Depth 4
CAS Latency 3T

Integrated Graphics Controller:
Graphics Controller Type VIA/S3 UniChrome
Graphics Controller Status Enabled
Graphics Frame Buffer Size 64 MB
Chipset Manufacturer:
Company Name VIA Technologies, Inc.
Product Information
http://www.via.com.tw/en/apollo/chipsetindex.jsp
Driver Download http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=2
2 answers Last reply
More about help needed finding video drivers

    The first thing he should do is go to the website of the PC manufacturer and
    check with them exactly WHICH S3 graphic chipset he has in his PC.

    If they do not have drivers for XP, then you can try
    http://www.s3graphics.com/ but you'll need to know which chipset to look
    for.

    --
    Cari
    (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)

    "kimbo_" <kimbo_xfakedx@xxxxxxxx.com> wrote in message
    > Hi, I got this info form aida32 and I`m still confused as the know what
    > driver I need, I`ve checked out the two sites and can`t work it out. The
    > comp isn`t mine I`m trying the help a friend, Am I right in thinking the
    > graphics card is built into the mobo? The problem is he upgraded from
    > win98se to xp and now when he plays any games he just gets a black screen,
    > some of them you can hear the sound. Sorry for the long post. Thanks for
    > any
    > help or suggestions. Kim
    >
    > Computer:
    > Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional
    > OS Service Pack Service Pack 2
    > Internet Explorer 6.0.2900.2180
    > Computer Name HOME-65HLLN2O9S
    > User Name john
    > Logon Domain HOME-65HLLN2O9S
    >
    > Motherboard:
    > CPU Type AMD Athlon XP, 1500 MHz (4.5 x 333)
    > 1700+
    > Motherboard Name Unknown
    > Motherboard Chipset VIA VT8378 UniChrome KM400
    > System Memory 192 MB (PC3200 DDR SDRAM)
    > BIOS Type Award (09/07/04)
    > Communication Port Communications Port (COM1)
    > Communication Port Printer Port (LPT1)
    >
    > Display:
    > Video Adapter VIA/S3 Unichrome
    > 3D Accelerator VIA/S3 Unichrome
    >
    > Multimedia:
    > Audio Adapter VIA AC'97 Enhanced Audio Controller
    >
    > Chipset Properties:
    > Motherboard Chipset VIA VT8378 UniChrome KM400
    > In-Order Queue Depth 4
    > CAS Latency 3T
    >
    > Integrated Graphics Controller:
    > Graphics Controller Type VIA/S3 UniChrome
    > Graphics Controller Status Enabled
    > Graphics Frame Buffer Size 64 MB
    > Chipset Manufacturer:
    > Company Name VIA Technologies, Inc.
    > Product Information
    > http://www.via.com.tw/en/apollo/chipsetindex.jsp
    > Driver Download http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=2

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

    Hi there,

    I'm not a tech guru but I recently restored the video display on a
    friends computer running

    CPU Type AMD Athlon XP, 2000 MHz (7.5 x 267) 2400+
    Motherboard Chipset VIA VT8378 UniChrome KM400
    Video Adapter VIA/S3 Unichrome
    3D Accelerator VIA/S3 Unichrome

    The link is here
    http://www.opendrivers.com/freedownload/211913/via-vt8378-(km400)-display-driver-16.94.32.11-windows-2000-xp-download.html