First Time, will this work?

mmmmm this is my first time building a computer will this work? iam only using it for playing games and photoshop

case:Cooler Master Storm Trooper
HardDrive: Western Digital 2TB Caviar Green SATA3
SSD: Samsung 840 Series 120GB
PSU:Corsair AX860 860W
Motherboard:Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
Memory:G.SKILL Tridentx F3-2400C10D-16GTX 16GB 2X8GB DDR3-2400
Video Card:Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670
CPU:Intel Core i7 3770K
5 answers Last reply
More about first time work
  1. I'll move this over to the Systems forum. You'll get more responses there.
  2. This topic has been moved from the section Opinions and Experiences to section Systems by Buwish
  3. It will technically all work and fit together, but it's majorly overkill for what you want to do.

- 840 isn't very great, it's gotten mixed reviews leaning more on negatives. I suggest getting the 840 Pro, Vertex 4, Crucial M4, or Plextor M5S or M5P instead.
    - PSU is too much, even 750w will be more than enough for SLI 670.
    - Motherboard is okay, but you can get the cheaper ones if you don't need the UD5H's extra ports
    - You do not need 2400MHz nor 16gb of RAM for gaming and photoshop. You'll barely even use 8gb, and there's only like 1-2 fps gain between 1600 and 2400MHz.
    - An i5-3570K would cater to you needs, there is not much difference between that and the i7-3770K, the only edge the i7 has over the i5 is hyperthreading which games DO NOT use, and is only ever useful for heavy multi-threaded tasks such as video rendering.
  4. i wanted to get the ud5h becuase it was said to be really durable btw is that even true?
  5. Not sure what you mean by "durable", but in terms of OC, most hardcore OC'ers have used Gigabyte boards to reach record-breaking clocks.

For general use though, any of the top 3 (ASUS, Gigabyte, and ASRock) would be just as good as each other.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems