Unknown Manufacturer Unsuported Device Driver Type

XP Pro SP2

I have previously used the above device type to provide support for Minolta
Dimage Scan Dual Film Scanner, once installed as this device type the
associated software can find and use the scanner, I have done this many
times on Intel based machines under W2K and XP Pro & XP Pro SP2

I have recently purchased and AMD64 based machine and installed XP Pro and
the driver type no longer exists, it is also missing after installing SP2,
is this device type only available on intel based PCs or has it been
withdrawn form current XP distributions ?

Is there a way arround this problem ?

Thanks

Cybersloth

Did you contact Minolta?
--
Cari
(MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)

"cybersloth" <cybersloth@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message
> XP Pro SP2
>
> I have previously used the above device type to provide support for
> Minolta
> Dimage Scan Dual Film Scanner, once installed as this device type the
> associated software can find and use the scanner, I have done this many
> times on Intel based machines under W2K and XP Pro & XP Pro SP2
>
> I have recently purchased and AMD64 based machine and installed XP Pro and
> the driver type no longer exists, it is also missing after installing SP2,
> is this device type only available on intel based PCs or has it been
> withdrawn form current XP distributions ?
>
> Is there a way arround this problem ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Cybersloth

Yep,

They said that they had received reports thet the "unknown manufacturer"
driver was missing in some XP installations, they did not know why, they
assure me they are still looking at this but beleive it to be Microsoft
issue, as the driver type appears to go missing as opposed to a compatibilty
issue, thay also doubted getting much support for MS as the driver is badged
"Unsupported".

Any ideas ?

Do you think this driver type uses and .inf and if so does any body know the
filename ?

Cybersloth (Keith)