Closed Solved

560 a good buy?

Games that will be played: Civ 5, Simcity, RTS games and the occasional FPS

The card in question: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814162084&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

Can anyone recommend a better card for the same price?

Relevant system specs: Phenom 965

970 Extreme3

XFX 550w 80 plus bronze
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about good
  1. Best answer
    I now have two of these in SLI.

$140 is a good value, and it's definitely worth $125.

I don't play any of the games you listed but (when I was running a single 560) Crysis 2 with high-res texture pack played smoothly on "very high". "Extreme" was playable. "Ultra" was annoying. (This is on a 1680X1050 monitor)

With two in SLI now, it's cutting through Crysis 2 on ultra everything like a hot knife through melted butter.
  2. Z1NONLY said:
    I now have two of these in SLI.

$140 is a good value, and it's definitely worth $125.

I don't play any of the games you listed but (when I was running a single 560) Crysis 2 with high-res texture pack played smoothly on "very high". "Extreme" was playable. "Ultra" was annoying. (This is on a 1680X1050 monitor)

With two in SLI now, it's cutting through Crysis 2 on ultra everything like a hot knife through melted butter.

Thats great news. Its safe to assume they outperform the 6850 and 7770 then? Also know anything about the galaxy brand? Theres a zotac one going for 149 with free ship on amazon. I would get that if it means zotac is a better quality card
  3. Z1NONLY said:

Thanks for the reply but as soon as i posted the link to the card it went out of stock on newegg. sigh. So instead im going for the MSI 650ti power edition.
  4. Best answer selected by Lowlifeburrito.
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Games Graphics