sydneyjay

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2012
Hello,
my cpu gets kicked of internet, when I go to network settings I am told that this internet sharing computer cannot make the adj. another sharing computer has control and that one is the only one that can change any settings. I dont have any other computers.

sydneyjay

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2012

I am connecting via Modem with a Desktop Computer, so wired. The Modem is a WPS PK5000, it actually says Wireless, but I am connected with a connection from the modem to the computer.
I have asked for and received a new modem, of the same brand/type. It is already connected. The problem is still the same as with the old/former modem. The only thing that is connected to my computer other than the modem is speakers and an HP Printer which works just fine.

I am using XP Operating System. Does this help?

sydneyjay

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2012
The company that I connect to is Century Link. How do I go to their router conf page? When I click on the "above link" it takes me to Verizon. My computer is connected through my house, not my cell.

Router and gateway address should be the same. Do an "ipconfig" command at a dos prompt. Type in the gateway address into a web browser, will get you to the config page. Do you know how the computer was setup? Did anyone play with setting up internet connection sharing on it?