problems with ati mobility radeon 9200

alfredo

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2004

I have a Sony vaio vgn-s260. It has been working for months properly. Like 3
weeks ago began re-starting continually. I only found one solution: removing
the driver of the graphic device. My guess is that the driver has some type
of conflict with windows xp sp2, but I cannot find information or assistance
in ati website, sony or microsoft. Can someone help me?

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Download the latest driver from ATI; or Sony if it is proprietary. Remove
the existing driver using Add or Remove Programs, install the new driver.

"alfredo" <alfredo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a Sony vaio vgn-s260. It has been working for months properly. Like
>3
> weeks ago began re-starting continually. I only found one solution:
> removing
> the driver of the graphic device. My guess is that the driver has some
> type
> of conflict with windows xp sp2, but I cannot find information or
> assistance
> in ati website, sony or microsoft. Can someone help me?

It's a mobility chipset so you should download the latest drivers from the
Sony website.
--
Cari
(MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)