Sign in with
Your question
Solved

No video signal

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 28, 2012 1:14:02 AM

No video signal from a GT 220. Tested on two motherboards, with a monitor and a TV over HDMI and VGA. Onboard video works with both motherboards. I've had this problem before, but unplugging everything and holding the power button for a minute always fixed it. Doing this did get a signal once, however I had to power off the machine and move it, and we're back to the beginning. I did ground myself before touching the card. Cables are fine, TV and monitor both work. Any advice?

Another problem I'm having, the VGA drivers for http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... will not install. I've tried installing from two download sources and from the included DVD. Click Next, Install (other option is uninstall, tried that), nothing happens.

More about : video signal

Best solution

a c 91 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
a c 156 V Motherboard
November 28, 2012 2:16:36 AM

that means this gt card do not work and there is the link for the driver your motherboard use http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3...
November 28, 2012 2:22:38 AM

I was afraid of that. Oh well.

I've tried the drivers from the Gigabyte website, they just won't install, but thank you for your suggestion.
m
l
Related resources
a c 91 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
a c 156 V Motherboard
November 28, 2012 2:38:51 AM

those vga on gigabyte are for the onboard video chipset for the pci-e card you need to use nvidia driver for the gt card
m
l
November 28, 2012 2:44:10 AM

I'm not trying to run an Nvidia card off of AMD drivers. The GT 220 isn't even installed in a machine at this point. The AMD drivers for the onboard video of the GA-880GM-D2H simply won't install. I'm currently downloading the AMD Catalyst software from AMD.com, hopefully those will give some results. Thank you for your suggestions.
m
l
a c 91 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
a c 156 V Motherboard
November 28, 2012 2:47:46 AM

do you see any ? mark under control panel in the peripheral section . ?
m
l
November 28, 2012 3:05:55 AM

Best answer selected by askewikew92.
m
l
November 28, 2012 3:06:11 AM

After downloading and installing the latest AMD Catalyst software from AMD.com, the onboard video is working properly. Although on the first attempt, it failed to install, just like the drivers from Gigabyte.com and the drivers on the included DVD. Thank you for the help and suggestions.
m
l
!