How's my cable management?

zantaff

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2012
Hey guys, this is my first time building a case from scratch, and I was wondering how my cables looked.
Good, bad? Did I do anything stupid?

Also, my 8-pin EATX, cable was a bit short, so it's in there really tight. Is this going to become a problem?

Thanks.

P1090130_zpsc3886dd0.jpg

P1090132_zps9997565b.jpg

P1090129_zps88aeec75.jpg

P1090128_zps1a6d1bf1.jpg

P1090133_zps6adde723.jpg

P1090134_zpsfd742c42.jpg

Pertty good, don't think you could get it any cleaner looking unless you got a case with more cable management features or sleeved the cables yourself.

If possible reduce the strain on the cable. If its really tight, it can gradually pull the connection off of the board or the PSU. You could get an extension cable to fix the problem.

zantaff

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2012

Thanks guys! I was worried I had done something stupid and just overlooked it >_<

Something else I noticed was that the 8pin is covering the cpu fan headers. I /think/ I can get around it, but I'll look into getting an extension!

Not bad for a first build, well done :)
for the 8pin, try dremelling out a suitable sized hole in the mobo tray, the cable goes out the rear with the rest the up to the back of the mobo where you plug it in, nice and neat like,
**Edit, to give you an idea of what I meant, the 8pin on my rig, the rest is hidden by my mobo backplate but it goes to the Psu as I mentioned before
8pinrouting_zps094901d5.jpg

Moto

Cable management looks really good, good job.

Another note though, do you have a front fan blowing onto those hard drives? If not, I'd put one in if possible. If they are all 7200RPM drives, they can get hot if you have a group of them all together like that (especially if you RAID them). Hard drives can be temperamental as it is so don't let heat become another problem if you can help it.