TizzlePain

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2013
Hello everyone!

I have been lurking around this site reading reviews on certain parts and learning a great deal on how to shop/build a future proof gaming rig. Here is the thought process that determined the decisions I chose for the build.

-After my recent laptop died on me, I was convinced to put together a custom desktop that was future proof for the most part.

-The budget I am dealing with is ~$800-$1,000.

-I have no experience with literally BUILDING a PC, hence ordering it through CyberPower.

-I also have no experience with OC'ing anything, but can't guarantee I won't dabble with it in the future. This is why I chose the seemingly popular ASRock z77 extreme 4 MoBo, but not the i5-3570K CPU.

-I decided to stick with a 500GB HDD instead of getting a SSD thinking I can upgrade whenever I save up some more money.

-As of now, I only play WoW. However, I would like the option of upgrading down the line in case the parts I have selected cannot run newer games at high/ultra.

Here is the link to the system: http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1ERX9A

From the short time I have been lurking, this seems to be the place to go for informed opinions regarding all things computers.

**NOTE: This comp will mainly be used for gaming, web browsing, YouTube, etc. I am impartial when it comes to brand names, I just want something reliable.

TizzlePain

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2013
If this topic belongs under new systems, I apologize. I figured since it was a cyber power build that it belonged here.

If that isn't true, will a mod be so kind as to move it to the appropriate category? Thanks.

fergusD

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013
You have bought a good OC board but not an unlocked CPU? o_O

Anyway - the build is fine for gaming, but keep two things in mind, WoW is affected by your CPu more than most games, and I would recomend the i5-3570

With regards to OC'ing - if your planning to do it you pretty much need a K edition ($20 more than the standard 3570 on cyber I think) - as this unlocks the multiplier - the other thing you will defiantly need is an after-market CPU cooler - I defiantly recommend OC'ing, you can squeeze alot more out of your CPU :)

to be honest, building it yourself is a much better idea. at least you will learn from this experience. everything is like lego. if it doesnt fit, most likely it does not belong

id get this
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/xZSL

-it has a good heatsink, not a crappy closed loop cooler (pretty much all of them are crap)
-a large SSD
-large hard drive
-GPU performs around the same
-way better case
-better power supply