Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

which program could i use to edit my logo?

Tags:
Last response: in Brands
Share
March 11, 2005 11:03:02 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

hi,

i'm still trying to get a blank logo. i want a blank logo on my 6230, which
program could i use to do this? ive tried oxygen, but its not compatinle
with the 6230 yet. (thats wat i was told).
i dont want to buy a program, cos its not worth it just to take a logo off.

thanx

devin

More about : program edit logo

Anonymous
March 12, 2005 1:43:05 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 20:03:02 GMT, "DP" <dp@hotmail.com> wrote:

>hi,
>
> i'm still trying to get a blank logo. i want a blank logo on my 6230, which
>program could i use to do this? ive tried oxygen, but its not compatinle
>with the 6230 yet. (thats wat i was told).
>i dont want to buy a program, cos its not worth it just to take a logo off.
>
>thanx
>
>devin
>


why not just goto a wap site on your phone and download a blank op
logo? such as: http://www.gmayer.net/oplogo/blank.asp

and oxygen is compatible with the 6230.
March 12, 2005 1:53:55 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

cos i tried that lots of times, from loads of different sites, and it aint
workin.
the logo downloads, then it says replace, so i choose 'yes'. then when i go
to display options the op logo is greyed out. 'there is no logo in phone
memory.'

i'v got oxygen, and it keeps connecting and disconnecting to my fone. i just
need a trial program, to take the logo off. i dont want to pay for the full
version.

devin

"eggster2k" <eggster2k@nospambreathe.com> wrote in message
news:9j7431dg8tppupkvbnu0kcmj93sdt4f2qv@4ax.com...
> On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 20:03:02 GMT, "DP" <dp@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >hi,
> >
> > i'm still trying to get a blank logo. i want a blank logo on my 6230,
which
> >program could i use to do this? ive tried oxygen, but its not compatinle
> >with the 6230 yet. (thats wat i was told).
> >i dont want to buy a program, cos its not worth it just to take a logo
off.
> >
> >thanx
> >
> >devin
> >
>
>
> why not just goto a wap site on your phone and download a blank op
> logo? such as: http://www.gmayer.net/oplogo/blank.asp
>
> and oxygen is compatible with the 6230.
Related resources
March 12, 2005 2:30:30 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 10:53:55 GMT, "DP" <dp@hotmail.com> wrote:

>cos i tried that lots of times, from loads of different sites, and it aint
>workin.
>the logo downloads, then it says replace, so i choose 'yes'. then when i go
>to display options the op logo is greyed out. 'there is no logo in phone
>memory.'
>
>i'v got oxygen, and it keeps connecting and disconnecting to my fone. i just
>need a trial program, to take the logo off. i dont want to pay for the full
>version.
>
>devin

It doesn't matter where you ask Devin, the answer is the same.
T-Mobile sim cards prevent the use of alternate operator logos on
recent firmware versions of CPHS-compliant examples of this handset.

It will not work with that network, whatever program/install process
you use.
Anonymous
March 12, 2005 3:35:25 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

"ƧØÞ" wrote:

> It doesn't matter where you ask Devin, the answer is the same.
> T-Mobile sim cards prevent the use of alternate operator logos on
> recent firmware versions of CPHS-compliant examples of this handset.

What is a CPHS compliant handset? I've never seen that term before.

--
ir. J.C.A. Wevers // Physics and science fiction site:
johanw@vulcan.xs4all.nl // http://www.xs4all.nl/~johanw/index.html
PGP/GPG public keys at http://www.xs4all.nl/~johanw/pgpkeys.html
March 12, 2005 7:52:32 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 12:35:25 +0100, Johan Wevers <johanw@xs4all.nl>
wrote:

>"ƧØÞ" wrote:
>
>> It doesn't matter where you ask Devin, the answer is the same.
>> T-Mobile sim cards prevent the use of alternate operator logos on
>> recent firmware versions of CPHS-compliant examples of this handset.
>
>What is a CPHS compliant handset? I've never seen that term before.

Just a standard, like GSM, that can only be applied on the 1800MHz
networks (Orange and T-Mobile). It gives the SIM card some
significant control over the handset menus and functionality.

CPHS provides Line 2 [ALS] capability, the voicemail spool symbol,
automatic voicemail allocation to SpeedDial #1, and any network
specific menus that they want to integrate into the handset interface.

By the reverse process, the SIM can hide phone menus that the network
believes you don't need, or network/tariff doesn't allow.

Which is why so many T-Mobile users can't get the blank operator logo
to work - the SIM card prevents it from being available as an option.
March 13, 2005 2:16:47 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

i put another pic over the orange logo with oxygen phone manager
"ƧØÞ" <no.spam@nowhere.net> wrote in message
news:227631p5ijehha07cq871f90hib3j7flsc@4ax.com...
> On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 12:35:25 +0100, Johan Wevers <johanw@xs4all.nl>
> wrote:
>
>>"ƧØÞ" wrote:
>>
>>> It doesn't matter where you ask Devin, the answer is the same.
>>> T-Mobile sim cards prevent the use of alternate operator logos on
>>> recent firmware versions of CPHS-compliant examples of this handset.
>>
>>What is a CPHS compliant handset? I've never seen that term before.
>
> Just a standard, like GSM, that can only be applied on the 1800MHz
> networks (Orange and T-Mobile). It gives the SIM card some
> significant control over the handset menus and functionality.
>
> CPHS provides Line 2 [ALS] capability, the voicemail spool symbol,
> automatic voicemail allocation to SpeedDial #1, and any network
> specific menus that they want to integrate into the handset interface.
>
> By the reverse process, the SIM can hide phone menus that the network
> believes you don't need, or network/tariff doesn't allow.
>
> Which is why so many T-Mobile users can't get the blank operator logo
> to work - the SIM card prevents it from being available as an option.
Anonymous
March 13, 2005 3:29:28 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

I've found the answer for Devin....

Keep the phone. Change the network! :-)


"djlewis" <david@fender62.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
news:D 0vt8v$otr$1@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk...
> i put another pic over the orange logo with oxygen phone manager
> "ƧØÞ" <no.spam@nowhere.net> wrote in message
> news:227631p5ijehha07cq871f90hib3j7flsc@4ax.com...
> > On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 12:35:25 +0100, Johan Wevers <johanw@xs4all.nl>
> > wrote:
> >
> >>"ƧØÞ" wrote:
> >>
> >>> It doesn't matter where you ask Devin, the answer is the same.
> >>> T-Mobile sim cards prevent the use of alternate operator logos on
> >>> recent firmware versions of CPHS-compliant examples of this handset.
> >>
> >>What is a CPHS compliant handset? I've never seen that term before.
> >
> > Just a standard, like GSM, that can only be applied on the 1800MHz
> > networks (Orange and T-Mobile). It gives the SIM card some
> > significant control over the handset menus and functionality.
> >
> > CPHS provides Line 2 [ALS] capability, the voicemail spool symbol,
> > automatic voicemail allocation to SpeedDial #1, and any network
> > specific menus that they want to integrate into the handset interface.
> >
> > By the reverse process, the SIM can hide phone menus that the network
> > believes you don't need, or network/tariff doesn't allow.
> >
> > Which is why so many T-Mobile users can't get the blank operator logo
> > to work - the SIM card prevents it from being available as an option.
>
>
March 13, 2005 2:00:59 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

i know wat yor trying to say, but there has to be some way?
wat if i update the software (firmware) or get an upgraded sim card? i've
switched the startup and shutdown screens off using oxygen.

thanx

devin

"Kevin I Chapple" <kevinx@NOTTHISBITearthling.net> wrote in message
news:D 101h8$7hr$1@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk...
> I've found the answer for Devin....
>
> Keep the phone. Change the network! :-)
>
>
> "djlewis" <david@fender62.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:D 0vt8v$otr$1@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk...
> > i put another pic over the orange logo with oxygen phone manager
> > "ƧØÞ" <no.spam@nowhere.net> wrote in message
> > news:227631p5ijehha07cq871f90hib3j7flsc@4ax.com...
> > > On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 12:35:25 +0100, Johan Wevers <johanw@xs4all.nl>
> > > wrote:
> > >
> > >>"ƧØÞ" wrote:
> > >>
> > >>> It doesn't matter where you ask Devin, the answer is the same.
> > >>> T-Mobile sim cards prevent the use of alternate operator logos on
> > >>> recent firmware versions of CPHS-compliant examples of this handset.
> > >>
> > >>What is a CPHS compliant handset? I've never seen that term before.
> > >
> > > Just a standard, like GSM, that can only be applied on the 1800MHz
> > > networks (Orange and T-Mobile). It gives the SIM card some
> > > significant control over the handset menus and functionality.
> > >
> > > CPHS provides Line 2 [ALS] capability, the voicemail spool symbol,
> > > automatic voicemail allocation to SpeedDial #1, and any network
> > > specific menus that they want to integrate into the handset interface.
> > >
> > > By the reverse process, the SIM can hide phone menus that the network
> > > believes you don't need, or network/tariff doesn't allow.
> > >
> > > Which is why so many T-Mobile users can't get the blank operator logo
> > > to work - the SIM card prevents it from being available as an option.
> >
> >
>
>
Anonymous
March 15, 2005 2:44:22 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

Oxygen Phone Manager II ( http://www.opm-2.com/ ) is compatible with 6230
since version 2.3.0.4. Nokia 6230 has color screen, therefore 'blank' logo
will be displayed as tiny white square. You need transparent logo, i.e., gif
file with transparent color. To set this file as logo, you should take the
following steps:

1. Connect your phone to PC
2. Run our program
3. Go to 'Phone Explorer' panel -> Gallery . Read all gallery contents from
the phone.
4. Add gallery entry with transparent color to filelist ( 'Add new file' ).
5. Go back to root 'Gallery' section and press 'Write to phone' button. Then
right-click on file in list in our program and select 'Set as (startup logo,
operator logo, wallpaper, shutdown logo etc. )'

You can find logos with transparent color on many servers with free mobile
content. You can find such sites in GSM toplists (
http://www.topsitez.org/ ) or in 'Links' section of our website (
http://www.oxygensoftware.com/links/ ).

If you have any questions and/or suggestions, concerning our
program, feel free to post them on our official forum
http://www.opm-2.com/forum/


Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
Oxygen Software - tools for your mobile phone.
Oxygen Phone Manager II - all you want from your mobile phone.
http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk/
http://www.smsactivex.com/

Hello, DP!
You wrote in conference alt.cellular.nokia on Fri, 11 Mar 2005 20:03:02 GMT
from address dp@hotmail.com:

>hi,

> i'm still trying to get a blank logo. i want a blank logo on my 6230,
>which
>program could i use to do this? ive tried oxygen, but its not
>compatinle
>with the 6230 yet. (thats wat i was told).
>i dont want to buy a program, cos its not worth it just to take a logo
>off.

>thanx

>devin
March 15, 2005 7:21:34 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

it dont work, i've already tried it. it sends the blank logo, but does not
overwrite it.

devin


"Oxygen Software" <support@oxygensoftware.com> wrote in message
news:D 16783$2j9b$1@gavrilo.mtu.ru...
> Oxygen Phone Manager II ( http://www.opm-2.com/ ) is compatible with 6230
> since version 2.3.0.4. Nokia 6230 has color screen, therefore 'blank' logo
> will be displayed as tiny white square. You need transparent logo, i.e.,
gif
> file with transparent color. To set this file as logo, you should take the
> following steps:
>
> 1. Connect your phone to PC
> 2. Run our program
> 3. Go to 'Phone Explorer' panel -> Gallery . Read all gallery contents
from
> the phone.
> 4. Add gallery entry with transparent color to filelist ( 'Add new
file' ).
> 5. Go back to root 'Gallery' section and press 'Write to phone' button.
Then
> right-click on file in list in our program and select 'Set as (startup
logo,
> operator logo, wallpaper, shutdown logo etc. )'
>
> You can find logos with transparent color on many servers with free mobile
> content. You can find such sites in GSM toplists (
> http://www.topsitez.org/ ) or in 'Links' section of our website (
> http://www.oxygensoftware.com/links/ ).
>
> If you have any questions and/or suggestions, concerning our
> program, feel free to post them on our official forum
> http://www.opm-2.com/forum/
>
>
> Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
> Oxygen Software - tools for your mobile phone.
> Oxygen Phone Manager II - all you want from your mobile phone.
> http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk/
> http://www.smsactivex.com/
>
> Hello, DP!
> You wrote in conference alt.cellular.nokia on Fri, 11 Mar 2005 20:03:02
GMT
> from address dp@hotmail.com:
>
> >hi,
>
> > i'm still trying to get a blank logo. i want a blank logo on my 6230,
> >which
> >program could i use to do this? ive tried oxygen, but its not
> >compatinle
> >with the 6230 yet. (thats wat i was told).
> >i dont want to buy a program, cos its not worth it just to take a logo
> >off.
>
> >thanx
>
> >devin
>
>
Anonymous
March 16, 2005 6:31:34 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

To set transparent GIF as operator logo you should right-click once on this
file in file-list and select 'Set as operator logo'.

If you have any questions and/or suggestions, concerning our
program, feel free to post them on our official forum
http://www.opm-2.com/forum/

Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
Oxygen Software - tools for your mobile phone.
Oxygen Phone Manager II - all you want from your mobile phone.
http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk/
http://www.smsactivex.com/

Hello, DP!
You wrote in conference alt.cellular.nokia on Tue, 15 Mar 2005 16:21:34 GMT
from address dp@hotmail.com:

>it dont work, i've already tried it. it sends the blank logo, but does
>not
>overwrite it.

>devin


>"Oxygen Software" <support@oxygensoftware.com> wrote in message
>news:D 16783$2j9b$1@gavrilo.mtu.ru...
>> Oxygen Phone Manager II ( http://www.opm-2.com/ ) is compatible with
>> 6230
>> since version 2.3.0.4. Nokia 6230 has color screen, therefore 'blank'
>> logo
>> will be displayed as tiny white square. You need transparent logo,
>> i.e.,
>gif
>> file with transparent color. To set this file as logo, you should take
>> the
>> following steps:

>> 1. Connect your phone to PC
>> 2. Run our program
>> 3. Go to 'Phone Explorer' panel -> Gallery . Read all gallery contents
>from
>> the phone.
>> 4. Add gallery entry with transparent color to filelist ( 'Add new
>file' ).
>> 5. Go back to root 'Gallery' section and press 'Write to phone'
>> button.
>Then
>> right-click on file in list in our program and select 'Set as (startup
>logo,
>> operator logo, wallpaper, shutdown logo etc. )'

>> You can find logos with transparent color on many servers with free
>> mobile
>> content. You can find such sites in GSM toplists (
>> http://www.topsitez.org/ ) or in 'Links' section of our website (
>> http://www.oxygensoftware.com/links/ ).

>> If you have any questions and/or suggestions, concerning our
>> program, feel free to post them on our official forum
>> http://www.opm-2.com/forum/


>> Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
>> Oxygen Software - tools for your mobile phone.
>> Oxygen Phone Manager II - all you want from your mobile phone.
>> http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk/
>> http://www.smsactivex.com/

>> Hello, DP!
>> You wrote in conference alt.cellular.nokia on Fri, 11 Mar 2005
>> 20:03:02
>GMT
>> from address dp@hotmail.com:

>> >hi,

>> > i'm still trying to get a blank logo. i want a blank logo on my
>> 6230,
>> >which
>> >program could i use to do this? ive tried oxygen, but its not
>> >compatinle
>> >with the 6230 yet. (thats wat i was told).
>> >i dont want to buy a program, cos its not worth it just to take a
>> logo
>> >off.

>> >thanx

>> >devin
!