which program could i use to edit my logo?

hi,

i'm still trying to get a blank logo. i want a blank logo on my 6230, which
program could i use to do this? ive tried oxygen, but its not compatinle
with the 6230 yet. (thats wat i was told).
i dont want to buy a program, cos its not worth it just to take a logo off.

thanx

devin
11 answers Last reply
More about which program edit logo

    On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 20:03:02 GMT, "DP" <dp@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >hi,
    >
    > i'm still trying to get a blank logo. i want a blank logo on my 6230, which
    >program could i use to do this? ive tried oxygen, but its not compatinle
    >with the 6230 yet. (thats wat i was told).
    >i dont want to buy a program, cos its not worth it just to take a logo off.
    >
    >thanx
    >
    >devin

    why not just goto a wap site on your phone and download a blank op
    logo? such as: http://www.gmayer.net/oplogo/blank.asp

    and oxygen is compatible with the 6230.

    cos i tried that lots of times, from loads of different sites, and it aint
    workin.
    the logo downloads, then it says replace, so i choose 'yes'. then when i go
    to display options the op logo is greyed out. 'there is no logo in phone
    memory.'

    i'v got oxygen, and it keeps connecting and disconnecting to my fone. i just
    need a trial program, to take the logo off. i dont want to pay for the full
    version.

    devin

    On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 10:53:55 GMT, "DP" <dp@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >cos i tried that lots of times, from loads of different sites, and it aint
    >workin.
    >the logo downloads, then it says replace, so i choose 'yes'. then when i go
    >to display options the op logo is greyed out. 'there is no logo in phone
    >memory.'
    >
    >i'v got oxygen, and it keeps connecting and disconnecting to my fone. i just
    >need a trial program, to take the logo off. i dont want to pay for the full
    >version.
    >
    >devin

    It doesn't matter where you ask Devin, the answer is the same.
    T-Mobile sim cards prevent the use of alternate operator logos on
    recent firmware versions of CPHS-compliant examples of this handset.

    It will not work with that network, whatever program/install process
    you use.

    "ƧØÞ" wrote:

    > It doesn't matter where you ask Devin, the answer is the same.
    > T-Mobile sim cards prevent the use of alternate operator logos on
    > recent firmware versions of CPHS-compliant examples of this handset.

    What is a CPHS compliant handset? I've never seen that term before.

    --
    ir. J.C.A. Wevers // Physics and science fiction site:
    johanw@vulcan.xs4all.nl // http://www.xs4all.nl/~johanw/index.html

    On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 12:35:25 +0100, Johan Wevers <johanw@xs4all.nl>
    wrote:

    >"ƧØÞ" wrote:
    >
    >> It doesn't matter where you ask Devin, the answer is the same.
    >> T-Mobile sim cards prevent the use of alternate operator logos on
    >> recent firmware versions of CPHS-compliant examples of this handset.
    >
    >What is a CPHS compliant handset? I've never seen that term before.

    Just a standard, like GSM, that can only be applied on the 1800MHz
    networks (Orange and T-Mobile). It gives the SIM card some
    significant control over the handset menus and functionality.

    CPHS provides Line 2 [ALS] capability, the voicemail spool symbol,
    automatic voicemail allocation to SpeedDial #1, and any network
    specific menus that they want to integrate into the handset interface.

    By the reverse process, the SIM can hide phone menus that the network
    believes you don't need, or network/tariff doesn't allow.

    Which is why so many T-Mobile users can't get the blank operator logo
    to work - the SIM card prevents it from being available as an option.

    i put another pic over the orange logo with oxygen phone manager
    "ƧØÞ" <no.spam@nowhere.net> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 12:35:25 +0100, Johan Wevers <johanw@xs4all.nl>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>"ƧØÞ" wrote:
    >>
    >>> It doesn't matter where you ask Devin, the answer is the same.
    >>> T-Mobile sim cards prevent the use of alternate operator logos on
    >>> recent firmware versions of CPHS-compliant examples of this handset.
    >>
    >>What is a CPHS compliant handset? I've never seen that term before.
    >
    > Just a standard, like GSM, that can only be applied on the 1800MHz
    > networks (Orange and T-Mobile). It gives the SIM card some
    > significant control over the handset menus and functionality.
    >
    > CPHS provides Line 2 [ALS] capability, the voicemail spool symbol,
    > automatic voicemail allocation to SpeedDial #1, and any network
    > specific menus that they want to integrate into the handset interface.
    >
    > By the reverse process, the SIM can hide phone menus that the network
    > believes you don't need, or network/tariff doesn't allow.
    >
    > Which is why so many T-Mobile users can't get the blank operator logo
    > to work - the SIM card prevents it from being available as an option.

    I've found the answer for Devin....

    Keep the phone. Change the network! :-)

    "djlewis" <david@fender62.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
    > i put another pic over the orange logo with oxygen phone manager
    > "ƧØÞ" <no.spam@nowhere.net> wrote in message
    > > On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 12:35:25 +0100, Johan Wevers <johanw@xs4all.nl>
    > > wrote:

    > >>What is a CPHS compliant handset? I've never seen that term before.
    > >
    > > Just a standard, like GSM, that can only be applied on the 1800MHz
    > > networks (Orange and T-Mobile). It gives the SIM card some
    > > significant control over the handset menus and functionality.
    > >
    > > CPHS provides Line 2 [ALS] capability, the voicemail spool symbol,
    > > automatic voicemail allocation to SpeedDial #1, and any network
    > > specific menus that they want to integrate into the handset interface.
    > >
    > > By the reverse process, the SIM can hide phone menus that the network
    > > believes you don't need, or network/tariff doesn't allow.
    > >
    > > Which is why so many T-Mobile users can't get the blank operator logo
    > > to work - the SIM card prevents it from being available as an option.

    i know wat yor trying to say, but there has to be some way?
    wat if i update the software (firmware) or get an upgraded sim card? i've
    switched the startup and shutdown screens off using oxygen.

    thanx

    devin

    "Kevin I Chapple" <kevinx@NOTTHISBITearthling.net> wrote in message
    > I've found the answer for Devin....
    >
    > Keep the phone. Change the network! :-)
    >

    > "djlewis" <david@fender62.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
    > > i put another pic over the orange logo with oxygen phone manager
    > > "ƧØÞ" <no.spam@nowhere.net> wrote in message

    > > > Just a standard, like GSM, that can only be applied on the 1800MHz
    > > > networks (Orange and T-Mobile). It gives the SIM card some
    > > > significant control over the handset menus and functionality.
    > > >
    > > > CPHS provides Line 2 [ALS] capability, the voicemail spool symbol,
    > > > automatic voicemail allocation to SpeedDial #1, and any network
    > > > specific menus that they want to integrate into the handset interface.
    > > >
    > > > By the reverse process, the SIM can hide phone menus that the network
    > > > believes you don't need, or network/tariff doesn't allow.
    > > >
    > > > Which is why so many T-Mobile users can't get the blank operator logo
    > > > to work - the SIM card prevents it from being available as an option.

    Oxygen Phone Manager II ( http://www.opm-2.com/ ) is compatible with 6230
    since version 2.3.0.4. Nokia 6230 has color screen, therefore 'blank' logo
    will be displayed as tiny white square. You need transparent logo, i.e., gif
    file with transparent color. To set this file as logo, you should take the
    following steps:

    1. Connect your phone to PC
    2. Run our program
    3. Go to 'Phone Explorer' panel -> Gallery . Read all gallery contents from
    the phone.
    4. Add gallery entry with transparent color to filelist ( 'Add new file' ).
    right-click on file in list in our program and select 'Set as (startup logo,
    operator logo, wallpaper, shutdown logo etc. )'

    You can find logos with transparent color on many servers with free mobile
    content. You can find such sites in GSM toplists (
    http://www.topsitez.org/ ) or in 'Links' section of our website (
    http://www.oxygensoftware.com/links/ ).

    http://www.opm-2.com/forum/

    Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
    Oxygen Software - tools for your mobile phone.
    Oxygen Phone Manager II - all you want from your mobile phone.
    http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk/
    http://www.smsactivex.com/

    Hello, DP!
    You wrote in conference alt.cellular.nokia on Fri, 11 Mar 2005 20:03:02 GMT
    from address dp@hotmail.com:

    >hi,

    > i'm still trying to get a blank logo. i want a blank logo on my 6230,
    >which
    >program could i use to do this? ive tried oxygen, but its not
    >compatinle
    >with the 6230 yet. (thats wat i was told).
    >i dont want to buy a program, cos its not worth it just to take a logo
    >off.

    >thanx

    >devin

    it dont work, i've already tried it. it sends the blank logo, but does not
    overwrite it.

    devin

    "Oxygen Software" <support@oxygensoftware.com> wrote in message
    > Oxygen Phone Manager II ( http://www.opm-2.com/ ) is compatible with 6230
    > since version 2.3.0.4. Nokia 6230 has color screen, therefore 'blank' logo
    > will be displayed as tiny white square. You need transparent logo, i.e.,
    gif
    > file with transparent color. To set this file as logo, you should take the
    > following steps:
    >
    > 1. Connect your phone to PC
    > 2. Run our program
    > 3. Go to 'Phone Explorer' panel -> Gallery . Read all gallery contents
    from
    > the phone.
    > 4. Add gallery entry with transparent color to filelist ( 'Add new
    file' ).
    Then
    > right-click on file in list in our program and select 'Set as (startup
    logo,
    > operator logo, wallpaper, shutdown logo etc. )'
    >
    > You can find logos with transparent color on many servers with free mobile
    > content. You can find such sites in GSM toplists (
    > http://www.topsitez.org/ ) or in 'Links' section of our website (
    > http://www.oxygensoftware.com/links/ ).
    >
    > If you have any questions and/or suggestions, concerning our
    > program, feel free to post them on our official forum
    > http://www.opm-2.com/forum/
    >

    > Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
    > Oxygen Software - tools for your mobile phone.
    > Oxygen Phone Manager II - all you want from your mobile phone.
    > http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk/
    > http://www.smsactivex.com/
    >
    > Hello, DP!
    > You wrote in conference alt.cellular.nokia on Fri, 11 Mar 2005 20:03:02
    GMT
    > from address dp@hotmail.com:
    >
    > >hi,
    >
    > > i'm still trying to get a blank logo. i want a blank logo on my 6230,
    > >which
    > >program could i use to do this? ive tried oxygen, but its not
    > >compatinle
    > >with the 6230 yet. (thats wat i was told).
    > >i dont want to buy a program, cos its not worth it just to take a logo
    > >off.
    >
    > >thanx
    >
    > >devin

    To set transparent GIF as operator logo you should right-click once on this
    file in file-list and select 'Set as operator logo'.

    http://www.opm-2.com/forum/

    Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
    Oxygen Software - tools for your mobile phone.
    Oxygen Phone Manager II - all you want from your mobile phone.
    http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk/
    http://www.smsactivex.com/

    Hello, DP!
    You wrote in conference alt.cellular.nokia on Tue, 15 Mar 2005 16:21:34 GMT
    from address dp@hotmail.com:

Nokia