Sign in with
Your question
Closed

How much bandwidth is essential for GTX 680 2-way SLI?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 28, 2012 7:22:32 AM

Hi,
I'm planning to use 2 ASUS GTX 680 DC2T with ASUS P8Z77-V Premium which supports Dual PCIe 3.0 x16 slots i.e 32Gb/s and 32Gb/s bandwidth available per graphics card.
But,would that much bandwidth be fully utilized?
Even with games like Batman Arkham City,Borderlands 2,Metro 2033,etc graphics demanding games?

If no, I could definately go with ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe instead as it is less expensive but has Dual PCIe 3.0 x8 i.e 16Gb/s and 16Gb/s max bandwidth for 2-way SLI.

Also, I would like to know everything there is about the graphics card bandwidth.

Every help is appreciated.
a b U Graphics card
November 28, 2012 7:28:23 AM

Either will give you same results. If you have an Ivy Bridge processor, you will be using PCIe 3.0 which offers a heap of bandwidth. It won't be for about another couple of years till graphics cards will be bandwidth limited.

Bottom line, both will give you the same results, you won't be bottlenecked on either.
Score
a c 92 U Graphics card
November 28, 2012 7:30:26 AM

It won't matter, the bandwidth gives absolutely no difference.
Score
Related resources
November 28, 2012 7:50:07 AM

I would be using i7-3770K with any MOBO.
Well I like Maximus-V Formula but I would go either with V-Deluxe or V-Premium or ASRock Z77 Extreme9 and ASUS Xonar Phoebus Soundcard.

So, on the bandwidth side, I have plenty available if I go with PCIe 3.0 x16 working in x8 and x8 mode for SLI & PCIe 3.0 x16 and x16 is way to much???
Score
November 28, 2012 8:07:50 AM

I have already read that article but still I asked to confirm whether I'm good to go with multiple graphics cards in x8 and x8 configs with absolutely no chance of bottleneck!!!
Because I can save a lot of cash without going Dual PCIe 3.0 x16 supporting MOBO.
Score
a b Î Nvidia
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 185 U Graphics card
November 28, 2012 8:11:43 AM

Oh o.k. did not know you read it.
Score
a b U Graphics card
November 28, 2012 8:25:54 AM

had 2 680GTX Slied @ 8x PciExpress 2.0 ... ( 2600K Z68V-Pro )
after awhile decided to upgrade to PCi3.0 ( 3770K Z77V-Deluxe )

my graphic score ( 3Dmark ) didn't change @ all , so it's safe to say that even 8X PCi 2.0 is more than enough for a 680GTX
Score
November 28, 2012 8:43:37 AM

PCIe 2.0 x16 working in x8 and x8 is 8Gb/s and 8Gb/s in SLI, and that too is enough!!!
Thats great then!
It means I'm worrying unnecessarily over the bandwidth!!!
I'm good to go with ASUS GTX 680 DC2T 2-way SLI in ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe MOBO thereby saving enough cash!!!
Thank you! :) 
Score
a b Î Nvidia
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 164 U Graphics card
November 28, 2012 8:56:51 AM

*I own an ASUS GTX680 DC2T.

Be aware that not only are there almost NO games that will benefit but you are also introducing micro-stutter which will make your gaming experience WORSE for most games.

I don't just have a few games I've got more than FIFTY.

The few games that could "benefit" by a 2xGTX680 can be tweaked to still run nicely on a single GTX680 and again you'll have the micro-stutter issue.

PHYSX:
If a game runs less than 60FPS with PHYSX then don't use this feature. For many games, like Mafia 2, there's a huge performance hit for a very minor visual feature.

BATMAN AC:
Runs great on a single GTX680, however you MUST disable DX11 and PHYSX. The coding is so poor either of these features causes major stuttering.

SUMMARY:
I highly recommend you stick with a single Asus GTX 680 DC2T card.
Score
November 28, 2012 9:08:14 AM

But I have heard from users that the micro stuttering issue has been solved with new drivers or something but I don't have full info on that!!!

Its ok, I won't overclock it and would run it at 1058 MHz reference boost clock speeds with the option of overclocking if I want.
Wouldn't that be fine?

Or else I would go with single ASUS GTX 690!
Score
a b Î Nvidia
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 164 U Graphics card
November 28, 2012 9:09:47 AM

also...
Not only will you add micro-stutter with two of these cards but you don't have proper SPACING between them.

The FANS on the top card are incredibly close to the second card.

I'll say it AGAIN, you're going to have a WORSE overall gaming experience with two of these cards than with one.

If money's burning a hole in your pocket maybe spend it on better audio. I LOVE my setup:
- Auzentech X-Fi Forte (PCIe x1)
- M-Audio AV40 (stereo) speakers
Score
a b Î Nvidia
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 185 U Graphics card
November 28, 2012 9:12:21 AM

BATMAN AC is a nightmare i hate that game you need to turn off or disable tessellation and HBAO disable both dx11.disable PhysX, basically the game has issues.I regret ever buying it.
Score
November 28, 2012 9:16:02 AM

My to be config:
1]i7-3770K
2]ASUS GTX 680 DC2T [x2]
3]ASUS Xonar Phoebus Soundcard
4]ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe or V-Premium
5]ASUS VG278H 3D Monitor
6]Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz C9 [4 x 4GB]
7]Corsair AX850 or AX760i PSU
8]Corsair Obsidian 650D
9]Corsair Hydro Series H100i
10]Corsair Neutron Series GTX 120GB [x2] RAID 0
Score
a b Î Nvidia
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 185 U Graphics card
November 28, 2012 9:17:51 AM

micro stuttering can be a issue no doubt i don't have issues others do it all depends on what your willing to put up with for the most part i have no issues.
Score
November 28, 2012 9:17:59 AM

I'm new to gaming to I'm totally dependent on others opinions on gaming titles.
So,if you say Batman Arkham City is not good so I'll avoid playing it!
Score
a b Î Nvidia
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 164 U Graphics card
November 28, 2012 9:19:06 AM

WDakhane said:
But I have heard from users that the micro stuttering issue has been solved with new drivers or something but I don't have full info on that!!!

Its ok, I won't overclock it and would run it at 1058 MHz reference boost clock speeds with the option of overclocking if I want.
Wouldn't that be fine?

Or else I would go with single ASUS GTX 690!

The micro-stutter issue has NOT been solved. Neither AMD nor NVidia have been able to solve it and they've been trying for years. It's mostly a HARDWARE issue.

A GTX690 is a dual-GPU card and thus still suffers from micro-stutter. Again, it's also overkill for all but a few games. In those games you'll get higher frame rates yes, but the game won't be enjoyable due to micro-stutter.

Overclocking and micro-stutter:
Overclocking has NOTHING to do with reducing micro-stutter.

Here's more info on micro-stutter:
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-geforce-stut...

In particular:
"Even at frame rates above 50 FPS, micro-stuttering rears its ugly head, pronounced enough to significantly detract from the gaming experience."

I absolutely guarantee that you'll have a WORSE gaming experience by adding that second card. For the FEW games that can't hit 60FPS (you want to VSYNC), simply tweak the quality settings to achieve this. The only game I had to tweak much was Metro 2033. GTA4 has serious problems in the engine and synchs incorrectly. Again, Batman AC needs DX11 and PHYSX disabled.

Even the demanding WITCHER 2 ran at 60FPS with everything maxed and just Ubersampling disabled.
Score
a b Î Nvidia
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 164 U Graphics card
November 28, 2012 9:23:18 AM

bigcyco1 said:
BATMAN AC is a nightmare i hate that game you need to turn off or disable tessellation and HBAO disable both dx11.disable PhysX, basically the game has issues.I regret ever buying it.

Yes, but once you turn off DX11 and PHYSX it's an awesome game. After playing through twice I go back periodically just for the fighting levels. I also got the Robin/Nightwing DLC which is fun.
Score
November 28, 2012 9:24:56 AM

I had absolutely no idea whatsoever about this!!!
But I want to build SLI config anyhow just because I want to.
Any alternatives for 2 slot GTX 680 non reference and non MSI GPUs?
We can see a newly launched ASUS GTX 680 DC2T 4GD5 2-slot graphics card on ASUS website.
So,should I consider buying that one instead for single GPU config?
Score
a b Î Nvidia
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 185 U Graphics card
November 28, 2012 9:31:33 AM

It all depends on which games you like i like BF3,Mass Effect 3,The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim,s Crysis II,Dirt: Showdown,alien vs predator and a few others
Score
a b U Graphics card
November 28, 2012 9:32:26 AM

photonboy said:
The micro-stutter issue has NOT been solved. Neither AMD nor NVidia have been able to solve it and they've been trying for years. It's mostly a HARDWARE issue.

A GTX690 is a dual-GPU card and thus still suffers from micro-stutter. Again, it's also overkill for all but a few games. In those games you'll get higher frame rates yes, but the game won't be enjoyable due to micro-stutter.

Overclocking and micro-stutter:
Overclocking has NOTHING to do with reducing micro-stutter.

Here's more info on micro-stutter:
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-geforce-stut...

In particular:
"Even at frame rates above 50 FPS, micro-stuttering rears its ugly head, pronounced enough to significantly detract from the gaming experience."

I absolutely guarantee that you'll have a WORSE gaming experience by adding that second card. For the FEW games that can't hit 60FPS (you want to VSYNC), simply tweak the quality settings to achieve this. The only game I had to tweak much was Metro 2033. GTA4 has serious problems in the engine and synchs incorrectly. Again, Batman AC needs DX11 and PHYSX disabled.

Even the demanding WITCHER 2 ran at 60FPS with everything maxed and just Ubersampling disabled.

Although I can confirm that having a multi-GPU system potentially introduces a lot of headaches regarding incompatiblity with games, I can NOT confirm that micro-stuttering is as big of an issue as it's made out to be. I've had the system in my sig for a couple of months now and have only come across microstuttering in one (unofficial) source mod/game (Nightmare House 2). Using the following fix worked amazingly well: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-7990-devi...

Apart from that, I've NEVER come across it.

Having said that, there are other issues with multi-GPU configs, but for me, micro-stuttering has never really been one of them.
Score
a b Î Nvidia
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 185 U Graphics card
November 28, 2012 9:34:03 AM

photonboy said:
Yes, but once you turn off DX11 and PHYSX it's an awesome game. After playing through twice I go back periodically just for the fighting levels. I also got the Robin/Nightwing DLC which is fun.
Yeah it's not bad once you disable those i just wish i never bought it as i prefer the eye candy :lol: 
Score
a b Î Nvidia
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 185 U Graphics card
November 28, 2012 9:37:03 AM

rene13cross said:
Although I can confirm that having a multi-GPU system potentially introduces a lot of headaches regarding incompatiblity with games, I can NOT confirm that micro-stuttering is as big of an issue as it's made out to be. I've had the system in my sig for a couple of months now and have only come across microstuttering in one (unofficial) source mod/game (Nightmare House 2). Using the following fix worked amazingly well: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-7990-devi...

Apart from that, I've NEVER come across it.

Having said that, there are other issues with multi-GPU configs, but for me, micro-stuttering has never really been one of them.
+1 i find mirco shuttering funny it's a rare issue.TH tends be be full of it sometimes OP sorry you being scared by the non sense
Score
a b Î Nvidia
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 164 U Graphics card
November 28, 2012 9:44:55 AM

WDakhane said:
My to be config:
1]i7-3770K
2]ASUS GTX 680 DC2T [x2]
3]ASUS Xonar Phoebus Soundcard
4]ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe or V-Premium
5]ASUS VG278H 3D Monitor
6]Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz C9 [4 x 4GB]
7]Corsair AX850 or AX760i PSU
8]Corsair Obsidian 650D
9]Corsair Hydro Series H100i
10]Corsair Neutron Series GTX 120GB [x2] RAID 0

Take this for what it's worth:

Comments:
- do NOT get a RAID0 setup for SSD. Get a single SSD.
- 16GB DDR3 is overkill for gaming and most tasks. Unless you edit video, use a RAM CACHE or Virtual OS it's pointless. I have 16GB (video editing) and can verify I can't get over 6GB for any game.

- *The biggest issue is SLI. Since I see a 3D monitor it's obvious you want to game in 3D. Yes, this requires a 2xGTX680 for many games to run at highest quality.

However the drawback again is micro-stutter. My advice is forget SLI and put that money towards a good 27", 2560x1440 monitor. I love mine. I'd far rather have this large, high-res monitor than game in 3D.

*A good 27", 2560x1440 monitor for gaming is hard to find. They cost $700 to $1200. I love my Dell U2711 overall but it just has one drawback and that's the anti-gloss coating which is very noticeable when the screen is white/light. It's awesome during games or movies and I've gotten used to it.

NCIX has some good screens to read about.
http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=64747&vpn=LS27A850DS%2...

http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=76578&vpn=PB278Q&manuf...

**I game mostly at 1920x1080. There's little visual benefit to 2560x1440 except for games with small text like Diablo 3 but the performance hit is about 30% on average. For example, Metro 2033 almost never drops below 60FPS at 1920x1080 but it would drop to about 45FPS at 2560x1440 but look essentially the same.

Cheers.
Score
a b Î Nvidia
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 164 U Graphics card
November 28, 2012 9:59:35 AM

WDakhane said:
I had absolutely no idea whatsoever about this!!!
But I want to build SLI config anyhow just because I want to.
Any alternatives for 2 slot GTX 680 non reference and non MSI GPUs?
We can see a newly launched ASUS GTX 680 DC2T 4GD5 2-slot graphics card on ASUS website.
So,should I consider buying that one instead for single GPU config?

I'm not sure why you think a single GPU setup with 4GB would be "better"; there's no benefit to 4GB except for triple monitors. However, I'll discuss that below...

If your dead set on a 3D setup there's only ONE WAY to get the performance you need AND minimize micro-stutter. That is a 3-way SLI setup.

*READ THAT ARTICLE I LINKED ON THE EFFECTS OF 3-WAY SLI/Crossfire and MICROSTUTTER!!!

Something like:
3x (GTX670 4GB)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

The reason I'm recommending the 4GB version is that it adds very little to the price over the 2GB version (your rig will be very expensive). It won't benefit for a single monitor but it gives you the option to go TRIPLE MONITOR if you want without a huge performance hit.

SUMMARY:
I personally think the optimal gaming experience is a single GTX680 DC2T ASUS card paired with a 27", 2560x1440 monitor. However, if you want 3D you need more performance that you can ONLY get with SLI/Crossfire. That introduces micro-stutter and THAT can only be minimized with a 3xSLI/Crossfire setup.
Score
a b Î Nvidia
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 185 U Graphics card
November 28, 2012 10:08:40 AM

I was talking to my friend right now.He has sli 680 Top. If you are going to get that go for something that will fit a card that is 3 slot size. He said this one works and mirco shutter is not a issue for him either http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Score
a b Î Nvidia
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 185 U Graphics card
November 28, 2012 10:29:31 AM

From best to worst from techpowerup

Asus 670 TOP - 10.0 rating (only card ever to get a 10.0)
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ASUS/GeForce_GTX_670...

Gigabyte Windforce SC 670 - 9.8 rating
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Gigabyte/GeForce_GTX...

MSI Twin Frozr IV 670 - 9.7 rating
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/MSI/GTX_670_Power_Ed...

Palit Jetsteram 670 - 97 rating
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Palit/GeForce_GTX_67...

Zotac AMP 670 - 9.6 rating
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Zotac/GeForce_GTX_67...

They didn't do the EVGA so.....

http://www.guru3d.com/article/evga-geforce-gtx-670-sc-r...
EVGA SC Boost Clock is 1046 outta the box....stable at 1200 Mhz
EVGA SC gets 3DMark Score of 8691 outta the box and 9443 OC'd
Idle temp is 29C / load temp is 78C
Noise is 37 dBA Idle / 43 dBA under load

http://www.guru3d.com/article/asus-geforce-gtx-670-dire...
Asus TOP Boost Clock is 1137 outta the box .... stable at 1280 Mhz
Asus gets 3DMark Score of 9340 outta the box and 9839 OC'd
Idle temp is 30C / load temp is 72C
Noise is 37 dBA Idle / 38 dBA under load

That makes the Asus 7% faster outta the box than the EVGA SC, 6C cooler and almost 1/4 as loud under load (every 3 dBA is a doubling of sound level). The FTW is slightly faster than the SC, leaving the Asus model w/ just a 5% performance advantage I would suggest the Asus Top or MSI PE.I own two MSI 670 PE i can max all games out of course. Newegg reviews are not reliable.The answer is simple, GTX 670 DirectCU II was born TOP, a video card generous in every respect. With high performance. ASUS is set to make inroads into the hearts of hardcore overclockers thanks to a generous factory overclock and quality components designed to increase the frequency. I would be all over that Asus TOP for its high factory overclock, cool temps, and really, really quiet fans,heavily modified PCB, with an efficient VRM design to produce low temperatures, improved voltage regulation circuitry, much better Chil controller , specially binned chip and voltage control and monitoring support that you won't find on most other non-reference cards.My second choice MSI's GTX 670 Power Edition uses the famous Twin Frozr IV cooler from the MSI Lightning and comes with a large clock speed boost out of the box, making its default clock speed even higher than GTX 680 stock clocks. MSI is asking a $30 price premium for their card, which doesn't look unreasonable, given the improved cooling and higher clocks.
Score
a b Î Nvidia
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 164 U Graphics card
November 28, 2012 10:37:19 AM

bigcyco1 said:
I was talking to my friend right now.He has sli 680 Top. If you are going to get that go for something that will fit a card that is 3 slot size. He said this one works http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Be aware that you have to get a compatible E-ATX case to support Extended-ATX (EATX) motherboards.

Also this board seems to have poor reviews at Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Maximus-FORMULA-Extended-SupremeF...

Here's another board to consider:
http://hothardware.com/Reviews/Gigabyte-G1Sniper3-Mothe...

Good luck, I don't have more time to spend. Let me summarize some advice:

1) Get a single 256GB SSD not a RAID0 setup (OCZ Vertex 4 is my top choice for value)

2) I recommend a single ASUS GTX680 DC2T, avoid 3D and avoid SLI.

3) Consider a single 2560x1440 27" monitor (make sure gaming reviews are good). I love my screen.

4) Micro-stutter is NOT a minor issue. It's most obvious in games like SHOOTERS and less in games like Diablo 3.

5) IF your set on 3D you need an SLI setup. If you wish to reduce micro-stutter get a 3xSLI setup, i.e. 3x (ASUS GTX670 4GB)

6) Extended ATX (E-ATX) adds another slot to the motherboard. It also requires a compatible CASE.

7) There's NO ROOM for a dedicated audio card AND three graphics cards but the Gigabyte G1 Sniper 3 has pretty good audio.

Good luck.
Score
a b Î Nvidia
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 185 U Graphics card
November 28, 2012 10:45:07 AM

Who cares about reviews from noobs with no proof newegg,Amazon all those reviews are basically what should be considered blanket statements no proof whatsoever i would take that with a grain of salt.I suspect a noob would not know how to use such a mobo and thus cry foul when they break it.F ing noobs always crying like little bitches.BTW those reviews are for The Maximus V FORMULA not the one i am talking about.
Score
November 28, 2012 11:41:41 AM

why not get a gtx 690 will save all the bother of sli and micro stutter
Score

Best solution

a b Î Nvidia
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 185 U Graphics card
November 28, 2012 12:39:37 PM

I recommend you do not let others scare you from doing what you want. I can tell you right now mirco shutter is a joke!You half to be the most unlucky person in the world to have issues with it.
November 28, 2012 5:53:20 PM

Going through the above posts I think there's some misunderstanding among users facing the so called micro-stuttering issue 'cause its not BIG a problem as it is made to sound like by users facing it!!!
Some don't find it annoying and some do,so,I think I could take a leap of faith here and go the 2-way or 3-way SLI config anyways.

As far as SSD is concerned I'm cancelling Corsair Neutron Series GTX 120GB RAID 0 and instead going for 240GB one because of Firmware update issue in RAID 0 mode.

For the MOBO, I think P8Z77-V Deluxe would satisfy my needs with adequate amount of spacing for airflow between GPUs and room for dedicated Xonar Phoebus Soundcard.

For the GPUs,I still think ASUS GTX 680 DC2T 2-way SLI in P8Z77-V Deluxe MOBO is best suitable for me and I could even go with ASUS GTX 670 DC2T 3-way SLI with P8Z77-Premium MOBO if I desire but thats an extreme condition!!!

As far as the E-ATX compatibility about the Maximus-V Formula or Extreme, its compatible with mentioned Corsair Obsidian 650D case with no problems at all but I would still go with a proper ATX and non ROG board.

About GTX 690........I think its the sexiest looking card made till date but I want more performance by going the GTX 680 2-way SLI way.
Score
a b Î Nvidia
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 164 U Graphics card
November 29, 2012 1:25:57 AM

kenny3105 said:
why not get a gtx 690 will save all the bother of sli and micro stutter

A dual-GPU card works the same as a 2xSLI setup.

Other:
This VIDEO is worth watching:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVCzqgkBeSE

As a builder I've taken the time to test SPECIFICALLY for micro-stutter and it is a big deal but aside from my opinion and providing links to professional reviews like I have I don't know what else to say. I have an electronics degree, specialized in Radar and Command and Control Systems on Military ships and was the unofficial guy to go to when building a gaming system.

Take that for whatever you think it's worth.

Let me give you some more links to help you decide:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micro_stuttering
Specifically: "in a three-way CrossFireX/SLI setup approaches the smoothness achieved by a single GPU."

Another comment:
http://www.overclockers.com/micro-stutter-the-dark-secr...
Specifically: "But alas, the micro stutter was still present. I switch off SLI, no stutter."

Very relevant:
http://techreport.com/news/21625/multi-gpu-micro-stutte...
Specifically: "I'll pause here to reiterate an important point. I said in the article that I'd never been able to detect multi-GPU micro-stuttering myself, and some folks seem to have taken that statement to mean that micro-stuttering doesn't have any real impact on the user experience. But I was talking about a specific aspect of the problem: the visual disruption caused by uneven frame delivery. Even if you can't "see" jitter—that is, if you can't easily perceive the long-short-long-short pattern of uneven frame delivery with the naked eye—pretty much anyone should be able to notice the reduced fluidity caused by the longer latencies in every other frame (once frame times grow high enough.)

Again relevant:
http://techreport.com/review/22890/nvidia-geforce-gtx-6...
Specifically: FRAME RATE METERING has improved micro-stutter. It has not eliminated it.

*If you want high frame rates for 3D and minimal micro-stutter you absolutely need a setup like this:

1) 1155 Z77 board
- NOT JUST ANY version though. Some are optimized for 3x/4x SLI. I believe the motherboards have a better PCIe control chip and use that instead of the CPU.
*Note the VIDEO I linked at the top which discusses that some boards have the PLX chip to avoid PCIe bandwidth issues.

2) 3xSLI.
- As I said before, my choice is three of these (ASUS GTX670 4GB). The extra Video RAM won't benefit a single monitor but the price difference isn't great and it allows THREE MONITORS in the future.

3) 2133MHz low-latency RAM
- You'll start getting bottlenecked in several games with "only" 1600MHz DDR3 with a high-end rig.
http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=66138&vpn=F3%2D17000C...
(16GB is overkill for gaming. I bought it for video editing. I did a LOT of research before picking this exact kit.)

*I'm just trying to provide you the best information. If you get confused, take a break from all this and come at it later after a clear head and more research.

I'd be happy to answer any other questions but let's DROP THE DEBATE on micro-stutter. I provided the data which I can confirm from extensive experience and you can do with it what you wish.

CHEERS.

Score
a b Î Nvidia
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 185 U Graphics card
November 29, 2012 1:42:16 AM

Yeah i agree drop the whole miro stutter debate it's quite an old one that most don't have issues with including myself.The issue of Microshutter is exaggerated and overblown out of proportion. If your rig is balanced and you do most of the things right you might not ever notice except when the cpu lags behind. I would know because I have been running sli for years isn't much of a problem so fear not. The new problem people face nowadays is slow support of multi-GPU setups. Games run fine with single GPU but can't fully use more than one.

Multi GPUs isn't only for multi-monitors, you can use it at 1080p and crank up the settings without worrying about anything. Thats why I got mine. I can provide you tons of links as well from different forums from real users here one http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=1427270&mpage=1 i will provide more if needed i rather drop it but will go there if need be bottom line believe what you like.
Score
November 29, 2012 4:10:52 PM

Now I'm really confused over which setup should I build!!!

Many online reviews suggest that 3-way 670 SLI is waste if you are using 1920x1080 single monitor setup whereas the triple SLI shows its true color only when using Nvidia Surround.
Hence they suggest either GTX 670 SLI or GTX 680 SLI for single monitor 3D Gaming.
Nothing about micro-stuttering was discussed in any of those reviews.
Let it be,I don't care about micro-stuttering for now.

But here all of you are saying GTX 670 Triple SLI is must for 3D Gaming,so you see, I'm getting contrasting reviews on both ends!

Are there any benchmarks and tests about ASUS GTX 680 DC2T SLI setup?
If there,please share 'cause thats what my first plan was,a GTX 680 SLI.
Score
November 29, 2012 10:05:17 PM

Hmmm! I see.
Recently I saw ASUS GTX 680 DC2G 4GD5 graphics card offered at a low price than the one I was planning to purchase.
Should I get 2 or may be 3 of those? especially because they are 2 slot cards!
I have cash to buy 3 but would they be usefull?
Score
a b Î Nvidia
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 185 U Graphics card
November 29, 2012 11:39:37 PM

Well three cost a lot of money.First i would start off with one or two.If your not happy then buy another i seriously doubt you will not be happy with two.
Score
December 6, 2012 7:41:02 PM

Best answer selected by WDakhane.
Score
!