6230 bluetooth issue

Hi there,

I've just bought a nokia 6230 on contract from O2. Both my mum and dad have
the same phone and contract. We also have a belkin bluetooth usb adapter to
send/receive stuff with our phone. My problem is that when I send say a
picture to my mum or dads phone from the PC, it will come up with an alert
on their phone saying something like "File received - show?". Clicking this
allows you to save the item to a folder of choice. On my phone however, I
don't get this option. When I send a file from the computer to my phone I
get no notification of file transfer and get no choice in where to save it:-
it goes straight into the gallery. Any1 have any ideas why this is?

Thanks in advance

Scott
2 answers Last reply
More about 6230 bluetooth issue

    On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 21:18:54 -0000, "John"
    <john@whiteok.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

    >Hi there,
    >
    >I've just bought a nokia 6230 on contract from O2. Both my mum and dad have
    >the same phone and contract. We also have a belkin bluetooth usb adapter to
    >send/receive stuff with our phone. My problem is that when I send say a
    >picture to my mum or dads phone from the PC, it will come up with an alert
    >on their phone saying something like "File received - show?". Clicking this
    >allows you to save the item to a folder of choice. On my phone however, I
    >don't get this option. When I send a file from the computer to my phone I
    >get no notification of file transfer and get no choice in where to save it:-
    >it goes straight into the gallery. Any1 have any ideas why this is?
    >
    >Thanks in advance
    >
    >Scott

    it could be that your 6230's firmware is newer than theirs.

    John wrote:
    > Hi there,
    >
    > I've just bought a nokia 6230 on contract from O2. Both my mum and dad have
    > the same phone and contract. We also have a belkin bluetooth usb adapter to
    > send/receive stuff with our phone. My problem is that when I send say a
    > picture to my mum or dads phone from the PC, it will come up with an alert
    > on their phone saying something like "File received - show?". Clicking this
    > allows you to save the item to a folder of choice. On my phone however, I
    > don't get this option. When I send a file from the computer to my phone I
    > get no notification of file transfer and get no choice in where to save it:-
    > it goes straight into the gallery. Any1 have any ideas why this is?
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > Scott

    Early versions of 6230 software restricted 3rd party software from
    writing directly to the gallery using FTP. Some 3rd party Bluetooth
    stacks do this. When this happened the phone sent the received file to
    the UI to allow the user to decide where to save to save.

    More recent versions of the software allowed the 3rd party to write to
    the gallery folder. So the Belkin performs the same operation, but this
    time the phone allows the software to complete it.

    Yours is a newer version, your parents is older.

Nokia Phones Bluetooth